Anyone been on a vacation this year?

Been traveling domestically all year. It's been fun.

Kiev and Athens just prior to the virus. Not sure how our plane didn't come down flying back from Athens in the February storms. Thank you, Jesus.

Vienna in June was cancelled sadly.

Need a trip soon. Going out of my mind.

Was in Vienna around the start of October for a long weekend. Was great.

Yes. In the summer when things calmed a bit. I didn't go abroad, though...

Kiev and Athens just prior to the virus. Not sure how our plane didn't come down flying back from Athens in the February storms. Thank you, Jesus.

Vienna in June was cancelled sadly.

Need a trip soon. Going out of my mind.

I was supposed to go to Kiev last month, mate's stag. I had also booked Moldova - was gonna go there when the rest of the boys flew home from Kiev. Moldova kind of flip-flopped for months, I would have gone if I could. Basically, they eventually relented and allowed tourists without a mandatory quarantine but the airline then decided to shift my flight home by 3 fucking days. Which meant I couldn't go as I was needed in work by that time. I got airline credit from them, will try and use it next year and maybe fly there for a ridiculously cheap week.

Kiev has been rescheduled for next October, along with my mate's wedding, so hopefully it will be fine.

instead of Moldova I was planning on flying to Turkey and doing Fethiya / Pammukale etc for a week or so, but then Wales got placed into localised lockdowns and I wasn't allowed to leave Cardiff.

I was supposed to go to Kiev last month, mate's stag. I had also booked Moldova - was gonna go there when the rest of the boys flew home from Kiev. Moldova kind of flip-flopped for months, I would have gone if I could. Basically, they eventually relented and allowed tourists without a mandatory quarantine but the airline then decided to shift my flight home by 3 fucking days. Which meant I couldn't go as I was needed in work by that time. I got airline credit from them, will try and use it next year and maybe fly there for a ridiculously cheap week.

Kiev has been rescheduled for next October, along with my mate's wedding, so hopefully it will be fine.

instead of Moldova I was planning on flying to Turkey and doing Fethiya / Pammukale etc for a week or so, but then Wales got placed into localised lockdowns and I wasn't allowed to leave Cardiff.

Kiev is sensational and ridiculously cheap. Enjoy. Absolutely nobody is willing to help or even understands English though.

<31>

Kiev is sensational and ridiculously cheap. Enjoy. Absolutely nobody is willing to help or even understands English though.

<31>

I started learning basic Russian in preparation for it. I need it as I'm planning to do some of the Stans next summer too, so it'll come in handy there also.

Jacksonville beach
Hilton Head
Isle of palms
Cocoa beach
Jekyll island

Just day trips or overnights upstate. No longer trips or flying since this all went down.

Nope. Staycation for the safety!!

Went to California for a week in mid March for a week. Mostly visited with family and goofed off. Had some family visit me over the summer which is like a vacation to me too.

I’m in Amsterdam right now, I go back to Los Angeles Sunday. Having a blast out here even though they are closing museums as of tomorrow. I have been to Miami, Vegas and now Amsterdam since the pandemic. I have been mindful and worn masks and been relatively responsible (other than the flights obviously).

I went to Poland in February before covid really took off

Got blind drunk on their strong beers, went to Auschwitz and did some snowmobiling in the mountains, was a great trip

In hindsight it was perfectly timed as we were in lockdown one month later

Hell yea, shiiit was amazing.

Went to COTA during the surge in TX. Got to race, and also got to have some Terry Black briket!
Went to Daytona, raced, hit up the beach, also while they were surging.
Those were the big ones, but I traveled and raced all over the country. WGI got cancelled because Cuomo was too busy murdering the elderly to let us race. Road America in the spring got cancelled too.

Came back from thailand just before the shit storm started. Lucky i got that trip in time.

But no travelling since then and im itching for another long vacation. Might go to Turkey before the year is done.
Yeah glad I got Thailand and S Korea done in November.

Went to Disneyland/LA back in February/March right before Covid shut everything down. Drove down from Nor-Cal. We also drove to Vegas for a couple of nights in August and stayed a night in Reno in September. No flights this year. Was going to Lake Tahoe this weekend, but we decided to cancel. Did tons of day trips to San Francisco, but that's just normal stuff for us. Going to take the kids to Academy of Sciences this weekend and spend the entire day in SF. Plan to go Vegas again for Thanksgiving. Small possibility we could go to Hawaii this Christmas/New Year, but highly doubtful since the process is too uncertain to be willing to book flights in advance. In that case hopefully spring break in Hawaii.

Back