Anyone been on a vacation this year?

I see. Cool. I'm glad you had a good time.

And, yeah, my wife insists that we swing by Oatman so we can see the burros. She hasn't been there since she was a kid back in the '90s so she's eager to go back.
Oatman is cool. Dont bring your dog. The burros think it's a coyote and they'll kick it. A little baby burro charged mine. It was adorable.

Start of the year I went to Bali, was for work but had some play time, also interstate for a work trip (and some play time).

And a few trips up to our beach cabin, been unable to go up recently due to lockdowns but shouldn't be too far away.

I did a Texas road trip from California, I sleep in my truck the first night after driving 1,000 miles or more. Stayed in a hotel for a few nights then stayed with friends in different towns. Shared joints with dudes from Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and other places. Still not sick, was nice to be out on the road in another place other than California and it’s oppressive ruling

Yeah, went to Colorado, Wyoming in July on a motorcycle trip.

Wife entered a 400 mile mtn bike race in Idaho last month.

If so, to where and how was it?
I postponed the one I had scheduled 3 times due to Covid restrictions and finally said fuck it I'll just wait until next year.
Some of my friends and I rented a cabin/house out by Yosemite for 3 nights, a couple weeks ago. We didn't go anywher, just hung out at that house for the weekend.

I did a Texas road trip from California, I sleep in my truck the first night after driving 1,000 miles or more. Stayed in a hotel for a few nights then stayed with friends in different towns. Shared joints with dudes from Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and other places. Still not sick, was nice to be out on the road in another place other than California and it’s oppressive ruling
<{dayum}>

Live in Arizona, been off work since the end of March. My dad and I drove up in his RV to Yellowstone for 5 days and then went to Glacier National Park for 3 days. We went in July or August. I've been to Gallup New Mexico for about 10 days total two different trips to hang out with a friend. Most people outside didn't wear masks and everyone was friendly, said hello and even chatted in passing about both parks beauty.

Strangers dying is none of my concern. I'm going to continue living until I'm dead. Life is good.

Went to Florida for a beach trip in August. Even though they obviously cleaned it, we still spent a whole day when we got there cloroxing the condo just to be sure. We didn’t go out to eat or do any of the usual activities around town. I’d go pick up food from a restaurant every night and bring it back. I felt like it was done safely as we could and none of us had any issues.

Came back from thailand just before the shit storm started. Lucky i got that trip in time.

But no travelling since then and im itching for another long vacation. Might go to Turkey before the year is done.

If so, to where and how was it?
I postponed the one I had scheduled 3 times due to Covid restrictions and finally said fuck it I'll just wait until next year.
Went to north Georgia for a week. Stayed in a cabin and hiked the Bartram trail. Ate some mushrooms and drank some bourbon 10/10

I went to eastern Oregon high desert for 10 days.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

went to hawaii for 3 weeks in february, got back home just a day or two before the rona hit hard.

Nope, had 2 weeks booked for the wife and I to Corfu again . We had only paid the deposit luckily so wrote that off. As it turns out we could have gone but we wouldn't have.

Went down to southern Argentina in feb, luckily shifted it forward from march because I couldn't get a dog sitter then. Even without the virus I wasnt planning on doing another big trip until autumn 2021 so we'll see what the situation is then.

cwMKWix.jpg

Was supposed to go to Vietnam for our honeymoon in March, rescheduled that for next March but still not sure that it’ll go ahead.

Had a couple of short breaks in the UK, walking in the Peak District in September and a long weekend chilling out in Devon, looking at trying to do something in December if our second lockdown allows...

If you call going to the bathroom a vacation, yea sure, been on a few of those.

Yeah. I went for 3 weeks in August - 2 weeks in Switzerland, 1 week in Italy.

Italy was supposed to be Malta. I had a holiday booked to Malta in April that got cancelled due to Covid, so I used the credit and rescheduled it for August as Malta fully reopened to tourism on 01/07.

However.

A week before flying there from Switzerland, Malta started getting lots of cases and the UK placed them on the quarantine list. No fucking problem, I work from home. However. The day I was due to fly there, their PM enforced a nationwide curfew and shut down all the bars........FUCK THAT.

So I got a last minute train to Italy instead.

Was the holiday good? It was fucking amazing. 3 weeks of boozing and not even knowing there was a virus in the world. Switzerland in particular was normal life, more or less, bar wearing a mask on public transport.

I have 1 month off work from December 18th - January 18th so I'm 100% going on holiday again. Im just limtied to where I can go based on weather and covid restrictions. Plan A = Dominican Republic (2 weeks) and Haiti (1 week). Plan B = 1 month in Mexico, finishing the country off, spent 1 month there previously.

Back