• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybodyelse painfully indifferent towards Jiri Vs. Poatan?

filthybliss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I love both guys. But, I just don't care who wins. I just wanna see fireworks and a good fight. Either of them being a champ would be great for the division and the sport. Winner should get Smith if he beats Carlos. I wanna see Smith fumble a title fight for the LOLZ.....

If Alex loses were pretty much guaranteed a trilogy fight next. That's the least UFC can do for Poatan putting his belt on the line on 2 weeks notice and I wouldn't be surprised a rematch if losing is a part of the agreement.

It’s a good fight. Would’ve liked more build up especially since the last one kind of had an asterisk on the finish.

Poatan is pretty lovable...his nuthuggers are annoying tho, I agree.

I don't hate him, but he is kind of an asshole. The best case scenario is Jiri taking him down and turning his ass into potato salad. Hopefully his nuthuggers will go away forever.

I don't hate him, but he is kind of an asshole. The best case scenario is Jiri taking him down and turning his ass into potato salad. Hopefully his nuthuggers will go away forever.
how is he an asshole? not tryna debate, genuinely asking if there is something that I haven't heard of. He's pretty down to earth and doesn't take himself too seriously when he could very easily be Colby 2.0 from the interviews that I have seen of his.

To be replaced by casuals pretending to be euro samurai shadowfighting in a forest?
Actually, that does sound better.

To be replaced by casuals pretending to be euro samurai shadowfighting in a forest?
Actually, that does sound better.

Nah, just back to normal with real MMA fans who like fighters that know how to fight on the ground, not just one-trick-pony kickboxers. Don't worry, if Jiri can't do it someone else will pull that horseshoe out of his ass.

Nah, just back to normal with real MMA fans who like fighters that know how to fight on the ground, not just one-trick-pony kickboxers. Don't worry, if Jiri can't do it someone else will pull that horseshoe out of his ass.
We will see.
Anyway, we need more Jiri fans. The guy is a treasure.

If Alex loses were pretty much guaranteed a trilogy fight next.
That's pretty much the only downside to this fight. You have two active fighters that are top ranked including the champ. That are willing to fight on shorter notice. But if Jiri wins it will absolutely tie up the division in the long run unless he finishes Pereira while somehow sustaining zero damage. But other than that the sky is the limit.

If Pereira wins he can defend a few more times at this rapid pace then possibly challenge for HW and three belts. UFC knows this as well. They can even push Adesanya into the trilogy at LHW if he beats DDP.

man....yall are some haters....you don't have to love his fight style, you can even dislike it but to treat it like he has some serious character defect when he is a kind person is pretty slimey....

you are aware that in the dark ages that it was martial art discipline vs. martial art discipline, there was no mixing it up.

Back