Anybody think training twice a day too much?

I don't know if it helps but i recently read an article on t-mag about two a days and it said that they really don't help. Something about excessive cortisol blunting any training effect. they were pretty adamant that they are not very good for your program.

I don't know if it helps but i recently read an article on t-mag about two a days and it said that they really don't help. Something about excessive cortisol blunting any training effect. they were pretty adamant that they are not very good for your program.

The article was probably geared toward people seeking muscular hypertrophy. Most fighters have different goals in mind. This guy is not doing circuit training for size--he's probably doing it to increase his muscular endurance in the ring.

I agree with one of the posters who said to split the training into phases or tone it down. Work on bringing one up and maintaining one--it's an old principle of periodization. For example, have 4 endurance workouts and 2 strength workouts in a week, or even 5 to 1. Then switch it around after 8 weeks.

I just now changed my routine.

Monday - (Morning /Circuit training) and (afternoon/ heavy weight lifting) the 5 sets x of 5 reps full body but with longer rest period between sets. the circuit last about 20 min.

tuesday - mma practice

wednesday - repeat monday activity

thursday - practice

friday - repeat monday

saturday practice

sunday - nothing

is this too much or is alright?

6 days of training can be to much. Depends tho. If your getting ready for a fight than its ok. if your just trying to be in better shape take that extra day of rest.

Back