anybody stocking up on ammo?

Learn how to reload, it'll save you a shit load of money. Plus, you can curtail your loads to your guns and make up some nasty shells.

I have had quite the ammo stash, been building up for awhile. Plus I reload. My suggestion would be to start reloading and by loaded ammo sparingly.

This thread has more relevance now than ever before given the political climate. Just TTTing it.

I have been buying a 500-1000 rounds a month.
I use 7.62 x 39, so reloading doesn't make a lot of sense. You can really never have too much ammo.

I'll probably pick up a couple hundred more rounds before January.

I live in Mass. so I can't have any ammo delivered. i am planning to drive up to NH to get more ammo, tax free. I don't know whats gonna happen when Obama gets in office but Iknow it's better to have than have not.

Already have about 500 rounds of 223 for my M4. :)

I live in Mass. so I can't have any ammo delivered. i am planning to drive up to NH to get more ammo, tax free. I don't know whats gonna happen when Obama gets in office but Iknow it's better to have than have not.

Already have about 500 rounds of 223 for my M4. :)

you think obama is going to take away your guns?

not guns he knows he cant, but do what Chicago scumbag politics tryed to do last years and put embedding codes on everyround. Which would jack up the prices or shut down the factories(which would hurt the military).

this reminds me to buy more

He can try to but I don't think it'll happen. if he wants my guns he can try to come and get them. This country was founded by law abiding, gun wielded CIVILIANS. I plan on picking up an AK47 soon also. It's alot harder to take away a firearm then it is to prevent us from buying them, once i have it good luck to the poor bastard they send to my house to take it away. At that point, you'll see me on the news. :)

Yes. People are hoarding ammo right now... Which is why the price is getting so high... My local walmart has wwb 9mm for $20 per 100... but they are constantly out of stock because people are going up there and buying 3k rounds at a time or more...

I'm thinking of buying a 22lr conversion kit for my glock, just so I can go shooting every week w/out going broke...

no more than usual. Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsmans Guide have some really good deals on 5.56 right now.

Ive been having a hell of a time getting a good deal on bulk 7.62x39. Cabelas is completely sold out, I was suprised. They even said they had no idea when they would restock. I also tried centerfire but all they have in is 10 rd striper clip stuff which is ok but ill wait till they get stuff without the striper clips. The stripper clip stuff was 1120 rds of yugo 70s production(Im hoping that dont mean it was produced in the 1970s?) for 245+shipping. I got a place in town but they want 300$/1000 of the wolf or 6.99/20 and both are shitty deals. I think 223 is easier to get right now even though its a bit more expensive. Anyhow, ill definetely be stocking up on military rounds cause I could see them putting the kibash on those ones first.

It sucks right now. Right before the election I bought 1,000 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 for $190. Now it's $280 at the same place (J&G Sales).

ammoman.com, they will hook you up.

More like bend you over.
That site is a fucking rip off. They want $169 for 640 rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf (including delivery). $279 for 1,000 rounds of FMJ 7.62x39 Wolf.
Fuck that.

Anyone here use corrosive 7.62x39 in their ak47 or other types of rifles? The batch of yugo stuff is 420rd/92$ here in town so its the best deal but its corrosive. Ive been reading up and down and they say you use the windex after firing and then pour boiling water down the barrel and what not and some even said to pour the boiling water all over the gun? WTF? Just submerge the gun in water to remove the salts? It also seems like a bitch to clean off the gas system and some folks was talking about a 3-6 day daily cleaning routine to make sure no rust shows up.

Is this corrosive shit even worth the savings if I gotta fight rust problems in my AK47? How real a threat is the rust stuff in an ak47? Im starting to think I should just spend a few more bucks and shoot the non corrosive wolf? Any info is appreciated.

Taking the gas system apart isn't that big of a deal, but I'd go with the non-corrosive stuff.

Fuck ammoman, that guy's not worth doing business with. He got banned from AR15.com for ripping people off.

paid $138 for 500rnds of wolf .223 and two value packs (100rnds) of 45s for $39

bushmaster carbon flattop

Back