Anybody just genuinely not gaf?

I tend to not give a fuck but not in a sociopathic way

I just do what I want with my time and am not very flexible for anyone but family. I don't let people waste my time or jerk me off.

The combo of knowing just how short life is and a touch of autism is what makes me this way I think.

In my Family my uncle and Grandfather offed themselves, I learned about that fairly early since my father is very straight forward.
The older I got the more that shit hit me to a point, where I was like death is inevitable so why give a fuck.
Was very self destructive and depressed, nowadays a little less but what stayed is that I still do not give a fuck about most things but at least not contemplating suicide.
I am in my mid 20s learning how to give a fuck about life and myself dont know if Ill ever manage tho.

<Fedor23>

Keep at it, it’s worth the fight...

I have certainly stopped caring about a lot of things I used to be obsessed with.
I went from reading all the MMA websites 50+ times a day and posting in the Heavies to now being more of a casual and only posting on this happy-go-lucky place.

I wouldn't say that I don't completely gaf, but I'd reckon people that have totally given up on caring about anything have seen their life goals rendered unattainable or petty and have nothing major to work towards anymore.

There have been times when I get invested in something and get stressed over it and then reach a point where I give up or move on and I can feel the dopamine hit from not caring anymore. I'd imagine these kinda people that have completely given up just wander in their lives with this sort of bliss all the time; I almost envy them tbh
Interesting take. In my experience, true idgf stems from depression (hopelessness, helplessness, anhedonia) which is very hard to envy. Maybe TS is talking about the good kind of idgf.

I gave 0 fucks from about age 16-25.

Now at 34 I worry and care about a ton of dumb stuff and its really hard to stop. I really wish I could go back.
If you don’t mind me asking, what changed?

I give a fuck about husband and step dad. I gave a fuck when my best mate said he may only have a few days to live and happy we reconnected but pretty much everything else? Not much right now.

Is that the friend you said had terminal cancer?

Is that the friend you said had terminal cancer?
No, he said it was Covid and due to his BMI might only have a few days left. He thought I would take it as a joke and not seriously. He was really sorry, I know he didn't mean to screw me up but it fucked with husband and my boss the fact I was in tears that morning thinking he was going to die. I'm just sensitive to it with my stupid lungs and having to Covid screen umpteen times a day...he just didn't think. But I'm happy we're friends again.

You okay there? Your threads have been a bit... strange lately.

As for me....

I am genetically so disagreeable and thus anti-authority that I just do not give a fuck, even if I wanted to. It's not something I do. It's just who I am.

Lol, I'm fine. You know I like weird threads (Are good grades aphrodisiacs? Teach little girls Martial Arts, I ran over a deer).

No, he said it was Covid and due to his BMI might only have a few days left. He thought I would take it as a joke and not seriously. He was really sorry, I know he didn't mean to screw me up but it fucked with husband and my boss the fact I was in tears that morning thinking he was going to die. I'm just sensitive to it with my stupid lungs and having to Covid screen umpteen times a day...he just didn't think. But I'm happy we're friends again.

Unfortunate. Damn, this disease is a bitch.

Back