Anybody here write screenplays?

Working on one as we speak using Final Draft, and it's excellent!

How could anyone possibly read into that post that I was “triggered”? Unless, gasp, were you triggered by it?
Because you keep replying? Chill homie there’s more to life than an online forum LOL

The keys to a successful art film...

Lesbians
The Holocaust
Juliette Binoche
Kurbick Influenced geometrics
Lesbians
Monochrome looking like Sebastao Salgado's work
Rape
Sucessful Hollywood Actor/Actress
Reflections of city lights on windows
Lesbians
Berlin Era Bowie soundtrack

Last edited:
That's cool, my cousin is gay too. Best of luck TS with the creative juices.

<28>

Does Jason get KTFO?

You know he does.

Debo comes in in the 3rd act. He's lookin for Craig, Smokey and Dayday (cause both Smokey and Dayday are in this one) because they owe him money. They tell him Jason took his money from them (they lie). But they warn Debo that Jason is a badass and carries a machete. Debo smirks and says "we'll see about that." Debo grabs a lawn mower blade and starts walking down Jason through the woods, stalking him screaming "where's my money punk!?" They have a machete/mower blade fight, then a fist fight, which ends with Jason getting choke slammed and running from Debo. Debo pops out from behind a tree in front of Jason, and ko's him.

Craig, Smokey and Dayday all say "you got ktfo" at the same time.

Ending Ice Cube narration goes something like "whether you in the woods or the hood....ain't nothin' like a Friday."

Last edited:
thinking of writing a screenplay

I did 2 about a decade ago. I thought it was fun. Unfortunately, I took a 10 odd year hiatus. Now, I'm taking notes and getting ready to write several books. It's a pain in the ass.

I have fantastic ideas and write nice descriptions, but my dialogue usually f**king sucks.

I got 30-40 pages into an untitled (Maybe 'Nora') script about a chemist falling in love with a young figure skater/ballerina that had/has some decent dialogue; I'm actually decent at romantic banter. I never finished it. The 3 page synopsis is great and could have been broken up into two pictures. I was inspired after seeing 'The Theory of Everything.' It was just a serious rendering (Joker style before Joker was a thing) of the origin of Mr. Freeze. Sounds cheese when I say it now. If anybody wants it I can finish it, and $10,000 and .01% of gross puts it in your hands lol.

I have fantastic ideas and write nice descriptions, but my dialogue usually f**king sucks.

I got 30-40 pages into an untitled (Maybe 'Nora') script about a chemist falling in love with a young figure skater/ballerina that had/has some decent dialogue; I'm actually decent at romantic banter. I never finished it. The 3 page synopsis is great and could have been broken up into two pictures. I was inspired after seeing 'The Theory of Everything.' It was just a serious rendering (Joker style before Joker was a thing) of the origin of Mr. Freeze. Sounds cheese when I say it now. If anybody wants it I can finish it, and $10,000 and .01% of gross puts it in your hands lol.

If you dont like your dialogue why not just take a less dialogue heavy approach?

Do you outline the story and flesh out your characters first or do you just start writing?

Give your characters a backstory, even if you dont include the scenes in the screenplay. You can use that to draw from for your dialogue.

If you dont like your dialogue why not just take a less dialogue heavy approach?

Do you outline the story and flesh out your characters first or do you just start writing?

Give your characters a backstory, even if you dont include the scenes in the screenplay. You can use that to draw from for your dialogue.
This particular one was going well until I stopped. I generally have not written out backstories for characters, although I consider them.

Writing a screenplay is on my list of things to do.

Is this a book?

No, its a program. It auto formats scripts perfectly as you type them. Takes some getting used to but once you do you'll zip through the pages.

Back