Anybody here write screenplays?

As a Rick n Morty fan I like your meta self referential post.

As a fellow Rick & Morty fan, I do hate the use of the word “meta”, but also admit everything I know about writing screenplays I learned from “Look Who’s Purging Now”.

I would love to learn. For now I will stick to erotic fiction focusing on Lesbian Seduction, and first time anal.

I ghost write @HARRISON_3 plays
Keep y’all eyes peeled for the stage adaption of tekken kazuyas revenge

Writers write. Start writing now because the first things you write will be shit. My first novel had a great premise but my brilliant, world-changing prose sucked ass. Second novel was better and after a year of revising I got a mid-level agent to rep me. It never sold. Third novel got me my current agent and actually got me into the business. Write every day. Remember that aspiring writers may write well, but successful writers are great revisers. Hemingway said that the first draft of anything is shit and I think it was Stephen King who said that you must write a million words to get to the point where you can actually write. Both are correct. Luck.

thinking of writing a screenplay

I’ve been screenwriting for about five years, having never written before that. I’ve made decent progress, placing in a few competitions -- and feel bullish about my prospects going forward. Best advice I could give is… don’t believe any of that “you can write a hit movie in 4 months” jive that a lot of sites try to push. Writing a screenplay is no easier than writing a novel. You need a great concept, great story, good prose, and adherence to screenwriting conventions. Its not as easy as it’s made out to be. You’re essentially writing both a good to great story AND movie. You should be prepared to invest plenty of time and effort into it… if you’re serious.

As far as Software is concerned, Writerduet, Fade In, and Celtx, would be my recommendations (in order of preference).

Some general advice:

read plenty of amateur screenplays/spec scripts. There’s a slew of great books on the subject, wouldn’t invest in buying any though, as if you google search you’ll find a few great one’s on-line for free. Hint: Story, by Robert McKee

A few interesting sites to follow, read, listen to are:

Scriptnotes (hosted by the writers of Chernobyl, and Aladdin)

Wordplay (a series of articles written by Terry Rossio, who wrote Pirates of the Caribbean and a zillion other movies)

DoneDeaPro (screenwriting forum with a treasure trove a great advice)

Scriptshadow (Screenwriting blog that hosts amateur screenwriting competitions every week. A good place to find amateur spec scripts.)

R/Screenwriting (has loads of links to scripts and screenwriting information. Very beneficial.)

If you feel the itch, then go for it. Best of Luck

There's several in the Mayberry. Diabolus and Shadowpriest used to post about screenwriting.

Not yet, but I have a rough outline for a 'Friday the 13th' crossover with the Ice Cube 'Friday' films.

Get you a copy of Movie Magic Screenwriter. You will bang out 3 days of work in an hour.

I would love to learn. For now I will stick to erotic fiction focusing on Lesbian Seduction, and first time anal.

how about some erotic friend fiction with a healthy does of zombies?

Get you a copy of Movie Magic Screenwriter. You will bang out 3 days of work in an hour.

I got to jerkoff 9 times in one hour? fuck that

Writers write. Start writing now because the first things you write will be shit. My first novel had a great premise but my brilliant, world-changing prose sucked ass. Second novel was better and after a year of revising I got a mid-level agent to rep me. It never sold. Third novel got me my current agent and actually got me into the business. Write every day. Remember that aspiring writers may write well, but successful writers are great revisers. Hemingway said that the first draft of anything is shit and I think it was Stephen King who said that you must write a million words to get to the point where you can actually write. Both are correct. Luck.
<{Joewithit}>

Back