Anybody here write screenplays?

This is a pretty good book I am reading. But I write novels/ soon graphic novels
51GnSK8MnnL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

collaborated on a couple with my nephew who's a writer/producer for NBC in Hollywood.
some cop drama type stuff a la Bosch.

I dabbled a while back as a little hobby, when I was really getting into film.

Definitely get all the "Screenwriting For Dummies" stuff, just for structural tips. It's pretty simple from a technical standpoint. Once you have that down, it's just up to your creativity, really.

What software do you use?

Fade In.

Here's a tip:

If you're just starting, I would write with a pen/pencil and a notebook. You can write wherever and whenever with ease and you will see how you feel without investing in software if you don't, not saying you will, but if you don't finish.

You're gonna be doing multiple drafts so writing on paper is nothing, just a part of the process.

Happy writing my friend:)

What software do you use?

oh, there is a good yt channel called studiobinder <-- they also make script software I think but also like scene shots and all dat shit, but good yt channel

film courage is a good yt channel, too

for books Story is also another good book and one of the classics

Interested in doing so. My biggest problem with trying to write seriously is my desire for the words to have a pleasing flow phonetically. Not quite poetic but not blunt and boring either. The way a story is told is as important as the story itself imo. Screenplays seem like theyd be easier in that regard, only having to worry about dialogue.

Interested in doing so. My biggest problem with trying to write seriously is my desire for the words to have a pleasing flow phonetically. Not quite poetic but not blunt and boring either. The way a story is told is as important as the story itself imo. Screenplays seem like theyd be easier in that regard, only having to worry about dialogue.

Screenplays can be more or less fun for the person reading one based on little notes or fun things that sometimes get added. A good script can read dull and a bad script can read well based on the flow. It’s kind of bizarre.

Practice, practice, and practice. The more you write, the closer you'll get to finding your own voice in your writing. If you look at 5 scripts from 5 of your favorite films you will see how each writer sounds/writes different. The format is of course the same but they have their own style/flow.

You will also find that the reader will have their own preference. Some will dig how you write and others won't, so you can only write how you feel comfortable. Don't force it.

Jack Reacheround hesitantly opens the thread, suspecting his time might get again he wasted with reading more pointless drivel. His butthole quietly puckers.

Jack Reacheround types “Jack Reacheround hesitantly opens the thread, suspecting his time might get again he wasted with reading more pointless drivel. His butthole quietly puckers.

‘Jack Reacheround types “Jack Reacheround hesitantly opens the thread, suspecting his time might get again he wasted with reading more pointless drivel. His butthole quietly puckers.’”

The sun sets as Jack puts the finishing touches on his mind bending post. Fade to credits.

I wrote the screenplay for Young Guns 2, but those corporate fuckers white washed it and turned it into high brow trash.

Jack Reacheround hesitantly opens the thread, suspecting his time might get again he wasted with reading more pointless drivel. His butthole quietly puckers.

Jack Reacheround types “Jack Reacheround hesitantly opens the thread, suspecting his time might get again he wasted with reading more pointless drivel. His butthole quietly puckers.

‘Jack Reacheround types “Jack Reacheround hesitantly opens the thread, suspecting his time might get again he wasted with reading more pointless drivel. His butthole quietly puckers.’”

The sun sets as Jack puts the finishing touches on his mind bending post. Fade to credits.

As a Rick n Morty fan I like your meta self referential post.

Back