Anybody ever used an unorthodox spot to strike?

Joe Louis, who I continue to consider the gold standard for boxing, got a famous knockout by hitting his opponent's elbow with a left hook, which opened up his guard for a right down the pipe. It was against James Braddock.

When people post their lead hand out with the long guard in MT sparring, I like to hook the outside of their elbow to get them to stop. Prob won't hyperextend the joint but can make it a little uncomfortable. I guess it's like an oblique kick to the knee but for the elbow with a punch. :rolleyes:

Or throw a lead hook from the other side to their bicep or wrist. Don't really think it's damaging but they usually stop posting.

I used to knee people in the side of the thigh if they pissed me off in sparring. I don't know why people don't target the side of the upper thigh more for knees--you take one really good one there and that leg is pretty much done for the night.

In amateur mma in California, you can't elbow a guy in the head on the ground, so a lot of guys elbow the guy in the chest in ground and pound. The guys I know who've had it done to them say it hurts quite a bit.
Was gonna post this. I used to knee people in the thigh, while clinching, if it was open.
Also one time I put down a sparring partner with a knee to the thigh from distance. He was better than me and I couldn't make anything work. I kept going through different things until something landed.

I don't know i'm not like everybody else. When something soft as 12 oz hits my forearms it doesn't hurt me at all.

neildegrasse.jpg

So aparently my former cousin-in-law (he was suppose to marry my cuz but ended the shit for some reason). So i was talking to him, because hes built like a heavyweight mma fighter and asked him if he does mma, so he said yeah and won medals in pakistan (again i don't know if this shit is legit). But anyways thats not the point.

Has anyone ever hit someone in an unorthodox spot in the head or whatever? Because he said he would punch in between your eyebrows to make you lose sight for about 1 min or something. Anybody ever used a strategy like that? Or similar?

I know it kind of sounds like something from the sherlock holmes movie. But its not.

your friend is full of crap.

go for the head, or dig to the body.

I like to pepper them toes - punches in bunches - short punches to that big toe

Back