Any update on Mauricio Shogun Rua after his loss to AG?

Mooner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Haven't heard from Shogun since his loss at Fox 6. As a huge Shogun fan, it seems that recapturing the title is quite unrealistic at this point.

I'd just like to see him get a nice win streak going before he retires.

Thiago Silva- Glover - Mousasi - Machida III- Hendo II and call it quits.

Probably somewhere in a resturant eating a meal he shouldn't be.

Come at me brah!

But in seriousness, he is closer to being a gatekeeper than a contender, might as well make some good fights.

Haven't heard from Shogun since his loss at Fox 6. As a huge Shogun fan, it seems that recapturing the title is quite unrealistic at this point.

I'd just like to see him get a nice win streak going before he retires.

Thiago Silva- Glover - Mousasi - Machida III- Hendo II and call it quits.

He'd need to win at least two of those in a row to be a streak. None of those would be a given.

If you want him to go out on a win streak idk about that list. Imo Machida and Hendo would beat him with Glover and Mousasi having very good chances of winning. He would destroy Silva though

If you want him to go out on a win streak idk about that list. Imo Machida and Hendo would beat him with Glover and Mousasi having very good chances of winning. He would destroy Silva though

Really? I think it's a realistic win streak in my opinion.

I am a Shogun fan, i like this guy, but i really don't believe him anymore... Talking the true, his cardio is really bad and his standup technique isn't that great, he just has a heavy hand and a big heart, and that isn't enough to get Jones' belt..

I'm pretty confident he would beat Henderson if they fought again. People don't realize he was injured and barely trained for that fight.

I am a Shogun fan, i like this guy, but i really don't believe him anymore... Talking the true, his cardio is really bad and his standup technique isn't that great, he just has a heavy hand and a big heart, and that isn't enough to get Jones' belt..

Never made a claim saying he can take the belt. I think if he does not retire now, he should look to get a win streak going to preserve his legacy. Forget about the title since he already won it.

After his last few fights I don't see how he would beat Hendo or Machida. I'd favor him over Glover and Mousasi but not by a lot. The Shogun that fought Vera and Gus would get totaled by Machida and Hendo

After his last few fights I don't see how he would beat Hendo or Machida. I'd favor him over Glover and Mousasi but not by a lot. The Shogun that fought Vera and Gus would get totaled by Machida and Hendo

No matter how low Shogun fell, he'll always have Machida's number. Just stylistically Shogun is favoured over Machida. I see him crushing Silva, edging GT and Mousasi and beating Hendo with a better game plan in a rematch.

No matter how low Shogun fell, he'll always have Machida's number. Just stylistically Shogun is favoured over Machida. I see him crushing Silva, edging GT and Mousasi and beating Hendo with a better game plan in a rematch.

No he won't. Machida has improved Shogun has fallen off health wise. Shogun doesn't have the speed he had when he fought Machida. I like Shogun but he just isn't capable of fighting the way he fought Machida anymore. And I thought he drew Hendo but his gameplan for the fight was good. Hendo's was poor and he gassed himself trying to finish someone with a notoriously great chin. I give Hendo an advantage in a rematch. He would probably win the other 3

I agree with you on this part. If Shogun fights Lyoto again, he will be the favorite, for sure.

Talking about your winning streak, i think he could beat Thiago Silva, Machida and Hendo ( if he really changes his gameplan, as you said ). Glover is a doubt for me, this guy needs more matchups to be measured. But against Mousasi the things are harder, i can't see Shoung winning this guy...

Let him have a couple of 'legends' fights and if he can hold a 3 fight win streak or greater, give him a contender fight again.

Oh yeah, because shogun didn't knock machida out and his fight with hendo wasn't even close.

Oh yeah, because shogun didn't knock machida out and his fight with hendo wasn't even close.

You clearly didn't read any of my other posts where I posted completely logical reasons as to why I think he would lose those fights

Back