Any update on Mauricio Shogun Rua after his loss to AG?

Closer to being a gatekeeper.

You are just silly!

It's the truth though. Shogun's is like the Mir of the LHW division. No shame in that, he'll still win more often than lose, but he's going to be the guy people try and build a resume off of.

I'm pretty confident he would beat Henderson if they fought again. People don't realize he was injured and barely trained for that fight.

What injury did he have for the Henderson fight?

You guys say Shogun's cardio is bad. Granted... it might not be phenomenal.

Shogun slows down like CRAZY after blocking a punch with his face.

I'm evaluating the fight and have to take that into account.

Still. Bullshit excuse. Shogun was gassed, as it has become the norm, and I really doubt someone who is one of the top 3-5 LHW's in the world wouldn't train for a fight against Hendo.

Plain nuthuggery right here.

What injury did he have for the Henderson fight?

Oh you know, the usual. Recent knee surgery, bubonic plague or whatever Shogun's fan boys say after a loss.

I liked how he looked against Gus but it was still nothing like the Shogun who fought Machida or Chuck and people still think it is. I think in his Gus fight he looked like he had adapted and fought well but he was still plodding forward and relying on his chin instead of fight light, using his speed and leg kicks effectively. I think that 3rd knee surgery after UFC 113 was the last straw for him and we'll never see Shogun fight like he did before. And that's why I think he'd lose those fights. It's not that he looked bad against Gus. But you can't say he looked at all similar to the old Shogun. It was a completely different style

yup, I've been saying this. his explosiveness and agility have COMPLETELY gone. He just walks forward and gets hit now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back