Any Punch Drunk MMA Fighters??

i am worried about Lawler, Overeem & anyone who faced rumble

0-32860

unfortunately his lights go out like a light switch at this point in his career......def should consider retirement....could have serious issues

Another person that should be checked is Jose Aldo.

Guy gets crunched by 1 shot to the chin and then is over there talking about how he can beat McGregor. I am no doctor but that screams brain trauma.

Recent interviews with Brad Pickett sound like his jaw is trying to leave his face.

Exciting fighter hope he stays retired before his brain becomes mushy peas

I can of just the man..
diego-sanchez-ufc-166.jpg

i'm no expert, but diego has never had his lights shut off. at least not in a fight. but i guess the constant strikes to the head does cause a good amount of damage. i was always under the impression that losing consciousness is the main reason for becoming punch-drunk.

i'm no expert, but diego has never had his lights shut off. at least not in a fight. but i guess the constant strikes to the head does cause a good amount of damage. i was always under the impression that losing consciousness is the main reason for becoming punch-drunk.
You can get there both ways for sure, but, it's the long term sustained punishment that always gets you in the end...

It's not. Each strike does damage. There are punch drunk mfighters who were ko'd often and some who were never ko'd. Just like there are fighters who are fine who have been ko'd.

Some responses in this thread are dumb though ebcause they ar epurely assumption. And CTW is only visible after death so some fighters who seem fine might not be not everyone with brain damage has a slurred speech. Over 90% of NFl players whose brains wer elooked at after death had CTE and many seemed fine in interviews

Have you ever seen Wand zone out mid sentence like he's suddenly staring into the abyss, or start jittering and shaking while watching a fight?

I haven't seen any of his interviews in quite a while. He's my favorite fighter of all time and I don't want to see him in that state, so I avoid it.

Another person that should be checked is Jose Aldo.

Guy gets crunched by 1 shot to the chin and then is over there talking about how he can beat McGregor. I am no doctor but that screams brain trauma.

I take it you missed it when JDS did the same to Cain but Cain came back and absolutely mauled JDS in two consecutive fights? Because, you know, one fight is exactly how every fight between two guys would go down.

I take it you missed it when JDS did the same to Cain but Cain came back and absolutely mauled JDS in two consecutive fights? Because, you know, one fight is exactly how every fight between two guys would go down.

No I didn't miss anything, if I recall that one lasted over a min, not 13 seconds. For the record have you by any chance watched what Conor did to every FW he ever faced...maybe aside from Holloway?? They can't handle his power, and Aldo is no exception to that rule.

GSP has said he isn't the same (mentally) as he once was. It will only get worse in the coming years.

No I didn't miss anything, if I recall that one lasted over a min, not 13 seconds. For the record have you by any chance watched what Conor did to every FW he ever faced...maybe aside from Holloway?? They can't handle his power, and Aldo is no exception to that rule.

Oh, so it took JDS just a little bit longer to counter Cain? Yeah, that makes it completely different :rolleyes:. JDS was also knocking out HWs left and right at the time, also.

You're clearly retarded if your only argument is the fact that it took JDS 50-some seconds longer to do essentially the same thing Conor did to Aldo. Enjoy getting in the last word, because I don't engage in arguments with the mentally challenged.

Oh, so it took JDS just a little bit longer to counter Cain, and JDS was knocking out HWs left and right at the time, also. You're clearly retarded if your only argument is the fact that it took JDS 50-some seconds longer to do essentially the same thing Conor did to Aldo, and I don't engage in arguments with the mentally challenged.

ah the old, I am wrong so I will call the other guy retarded trick. Notice that wasn't my only argument^ I asked you a question or couldn't you read and comprehend the end?

Did you by any chance watch what Conor did to the other FW he fought?

How did most if not all of those fights end????

Why would you or anyone believe fighting Aldo at 145 again would produce a different result????

What would be 1 good reason as to why the fight would go differently???

Maybe Aldo lasts for a min or 2 but he still takes a nap.

PS: suck my choad mmkay

Last edited:
I haven't seen any of his interviews in quite a while. He's my favorite fighter of all time and I don't want to see him in that state, so I avoid it.

Lol he doesn't do that.

Chuck is the one who does that. Wands not nearly as bad

Krzysztof Soszynski suffers from some sort of brain damage. He talks about it in a really interesting interview on Inside MMA.

Back