Any Punch Drunk MMA Fighters??

Y'all Musta Forgot

King of da ring
@Blue
Reaction score

Liddel on horse tranqs or what?
tumblr_inline_ofud03yEy61sbfyb2_250.png

Part of the hurt business, you know any examples of punch drunk MMA fighters? I've never seen an interview of Overeem but he's taken a TON of punishment, I hope he doesn't become washed up. They do say everyone is different some fighters can endure more than others and not end up punchy.

Not at all disrespecting just shows the price of WAR

Gray Maynard

zzshhgarshzy goodgezzzridge

Gary Goodridge is in some pretty bad shape right now. Sad stuff to see from warriors who put it all on the line over and over again.

Sam Stout.....
Had a granite chin back in the dayz...
was Ko'ed 3 last fights.
Retired at 31 yrs old because of that...

:(

Jonathan Goulet
lost 9 times by Ko/Tko
also retired because of that.

I liked that dude, but might be one of the worst chin ever...

Overeem and Bigfoot are going to be awful in a few years. Probably Arvloski, Big Nog, Cro Cop, Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, and hell most heavy weights too.
It's sad but that's the price you pay for fighting. I hope technology continues to improve to treat it.

So, so, so many and the list will continue to grow as the old guard gets fazed out and enters their late 40's/early 50's. There was a time when the MMA community prided itself on how their fighters didn't end up vegetables like in boxing. A big reason for this belief was the lack of a mandatory 10 count; if you got badly hurt in MMA a guy could follow up and finish you off quickly whereas in boxing you could get a significant break once you hit the mat, try to gather your wits, and continue to get pummeled for quite some time after. Of course, anyone who has seen the severity of KO's in MMA knows that getting absolutely lamped by a head kick followed by huge GnP before a ref feels inclined to step in, leaving the fighter absolutely KTFO is far worse than damn near anything you'll see in boxing (with some notable exceptions). There are also numerous examples of the long-winded GnP beatdowns that just go on forever despite the fact that it clearly should've been stopped far earlier.

The reason we didn't use to see so many damaged fighters back in the early to mid-200's was because the sport was so young back then that the vast majority of fighters hadn't been doing it long enough to be openly wearing the ill effects of what MMA can do to a man. Now we see guys who were in the sport forever, stuck around too long, and are in really rough shape because of it. It's a brutal contact sport and will always take its pound of flesh from those who choose to participate.

Obviously some of the older, retired fighters could be considered punch drunk. As for current fighters, Stipe comes to mind.

I can think of just the man..
diego-sanchez-ufc-166.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's hard to tell with some of the brazilian legends, unless you're native Brazilian. I bet Wanderlei is on Chuck's level, but I can't tell because I can barely understand him anyway.

I think it's hard to tell with some of the brazilian legends, unless you're native Brazilian. I bet Wanderlei is on Chuck's level, but I can't tell because I can barely understand him anyway.

Have you ever seen Wand zone out mid sentence like he's suddenly staring into the abyss, or start jittering and shaking while watching a fight?

Ninja rua, unfortunately. The kharitonov fight probably cost him a lot of health.

Wanderlei (not so much the pronounced slurring but just overall character-differences like not knowing when to shut up sometimes)

Yeah I'm sure all those old school Shute Boxe guys are going to end up in bad shape, with all those gym wars that had

Back