Any other Americans using USPS informed delivery?

My wife set it up, but honestly if it's coming in the mail, it's junk. Nothing important should be communicated via snail mail.

Yes I have this. There is no mail at my physical adress so I have a PO box. It is nice to know if I need to go to pick up the mail or there is just junk mail. It comes in very handy and is free also

In my experience, there are false empties when there's no Informed Delivery email, but there's mail or irregular size or thickness mail that they didn't scan like eBay envelopes.

A few times mail in Informed Delivery gets misdelivered and marking it in USPS website as "I didn't receive this mailpiece" seems to get someone's ass moving to find it.

I do. When I go on vacation I put my mail on hold. Once I did that it automatically set informed delivery. Don't really need it, just another email I have to delete.
Why not just get a locked mailbox where mailman can put in, but you need key to take out? With news about organized crime infiltrating USPS as employees on the payroll, I'd be afraid letting post office know to hold mail would have one of them alert criminals that they can take their time at your place.

My wife set it up, but honestly if it's coming in the mail, it's junk. Nothing important should be communicated via snail mail.
I recently had a business send me something where they didn't bother to seal the envelope. What if that was a you gots herpes notice?

A replacement credit card was stolen in the mail. When I tried to create a new online login for it, the autofill default fields for email address and user ID had what I'm guessing is some criminal's gmail email address. Not sure how far he was able to get in making an online login as me. Also suspicious was alerts were turned off and I couldn't turn it back on since the website was bugging out.

I signed up about a year ago. Every so often our community mail box gets hit. Just a few weeks ago the mailman even told me some boxes in the area were hit the day before and was surprised ours wasn't because it's placed in an area that's on our circle that only shows the 2 sides of the home.. I have a outdoor cam that shows the area, but it's too far to see anything remotely clear. It's not their responsibility, but if the 2 houses nearby should put up flood/spot light cameras facing it. Lately I notice cars parking in front of it, which may help deter the crooks since many cars usually park on the side of the street.

Yeah I've been on it for years since I did a change of address at some point. It gave me anxiety all day once when I saw a letter from the City's Traffic Camera division and I thought I was coming home to a fine and points for running a red light. Turned out to be a speed camera and no points so I was relieved.

The postal service sends an Email showing pictures of what mail you are supposed to receive each day.

Lets you know if it's something you need or just junk mail.

yup, i do.

Nope. I didn’t know that was an option. But now that I know it is, I still probably wouldn’t use it.

I don’t know why I would care to see what mail I am receiving every day when I could just see it at the mailbox when I pick it up.

I don’t mean to shit on USPS. They do amazing work under less than ideal circumstances. But that service seems unnecessary to me.

I've been trying to figure out when's the earliest the website would show the next day's mail, and so far, looks like 615pm. No idea if it just depends on when a human being scans the mail or if the images of mailpieces are available to see as they arrive. Around 3pm the website shifts to the next day and refers to tomorrow as "today".

Why use it?

Informed Delivery lets you see your next day's mail maybe over 12 hours early. If you're itching to receive something in the mail, it's great.

It also lets you know if your mail was misdelivered so you can check a box on the website to let them know so someone can get off their dumbass and find it and give it to you. There's value there.

Nope. I didn’t know that was an option. But now that I know it is, I still probably wouldn’t use it.

I don’t know why I would care to see what mail I am receiving every day when I could just see it at the mailbox when I pick it up.

I don’t mean to shit on USPS. They do amazing work under less than ideal circumstances. But that service seems unnecessary to me.

I'm retired so I don't go out every day, often not for weeks at a time. My mail box is 50 feet from my house. I used to check my mail when I put my garbage out for pickup which is often only once a month or longer. Then I could just put most of the mail in the garbage. It lets me know if there might be something worth picking up.

I'm retired so I don't go out every day, often not for weeks at a time. My mail box is 50 feet from my house. I used to check my mail when I put my garbage out for pickup which is often only once a month or longer. Then I could just put most of the mail in the garbage. It lets me know if there might be something worth picking up.
God damn, I can’t wait to retire. My mailbox is like 300 to 400 ft from my house. So I probably would use the service in that situation.

Saturday night, I confirmed the Informed Delivery website dashboard doesn't show what mail is due Monday. It doesn't jump past Sunday.

How do you get your 10,000 steps per day? Or prevent your car battery from dying? One week I walked so much and didn't use the car and the car battery got really weak and didn't start.

Amazon does that with every delivery. Lord Bezos keeps winning.

I liked it. My mail was dropped through a slot into my house. It would let me know about packages.

I liked it. My mail was dropped through a slot into my house. It would let me know about packages.
I wouldn't feel comfortable if people could drop feces or vermin through the slot.

Monday's mail is visible on website on Sunday around 4pm.

Back