any one starting to believe in Soa

Cain, JDS, Nelson, Browne, DC and other guys that demonstrate one punch knockout power.

if you actually think cain hits harder than hunt you are delusional. there is this thing called timing. even junior wanted no part of hunt in close. just because one fighter ko's another doesn't mean they have superior power. only junior and nelson have better power and with junior it's only because he much faster.

Not after he got swept like a white belt in his last fight (...says the white belt)

He's already done a lot better than I expected. What I can't get over is how everything he touches goes to sleep. I mean it looks like he's just touching guys with hammer fists and they go lifeless. It's actually pretty scary. I firmly believe he's one of the best guys from mount in the UFC. If you're under Soa you are having a bad time. He's had 10 tko finishes in a row! The guys power is disturbing.

finally someone sees my point. potentially a far more dangerous fighter than cain

Mark Hunt is a Pacific Islander and doesn't hit particularly hard. Please, whoever responds to this don't show me the X-ray of Struves broken jaw, a lot of people break jaws in fights. Many have even gone on to win despite a broken jaw.

He hit very very hard, but its not a puncher. If One of his punch land on body then the fight is half winned on his favour. Struve vs Hunt, the best example. Struve core was completely anihilated by one Hunts Punch on body.

finally someone sees my point. potentially a far more dangerous fighter than cain

I think Cain is more dangerous just due to how good he is a lot of different things, but if were talking who's a scarier guy to have mounting you, I'd have to go with Soa. He just got mount on Ruan Potts for literally 2 seconds and put his lights out. And that seems to be his bread and butter for some time now. He mounts, throws a few bombs that seem effortless, and bodies go stiff. I'd like to see how he'd do against someone with good takedown defence, then we'd see what he's made of. The Cormier loss was long ago, long enough to consider he's gotten better since then.

if you actually think cain hits harder than hunt you are delusional. there is this thing called timing. even junior wanted no part of hunt in close. just because one fighter ko's another doesn't mean they have superior power. only junior and nelson have better power and with junior it's only because he much faster.

Cain does hit harder. Are you Johnathon Brenkus can you measure their punching force? Go look up Hunts K-1 fights he has 13 tkos/kos in 30 wins. I've watched him tee off on many a fighter without seperating them from conscious. He was throwing everything he had for three rounds at an old 180 pound Nishijima before he stopped him.

He's strong and hits hard.

Don't see him getting a title shot any time soon though

He beat 3 pretty low level HWs and almost got finished by 1 of them. That Krylov fight really makes it hard to expect things from him, especially after a pretty average OSP chocked nikita out in like 1 minute. He still unproven. Remember that Lavar Johnson also had a nice win streak.

Soa's better than people gave him credit for after one sloppy debut fight against Sanchez.

He's also not as good as people who only look at W/L think when they see his current streak.

his standup isnt good enough and hes yet to fight a decent fighter with tdd besides cormier and we all saw what happened there(tapped to strikes ffs)

People just dont realize how Soa is strong..

I think he is gonna have trouble with good wrestlers. He should beat Rosholt though, Rosholt is pretty slow and leaves himself open to be hit a lot. I think he could possibly be top 10, but too early to tell at this point.

If Soa Palelei ever becomes UFC HW champ, I promise you I will stop watching MMA forever.

252649.gif

While people talk about the Cormier fight as if its a bad thing its perhaps the best thing to happen to him.

Kinda of like Gus and the Davis fight, you often don't know how big a hole is until someone shows you. But once you know you know you need to work on it and a smart fighter does just that.

Also he trains with Hunto, not a knowm wrestler but great TDD and they both know they need to work on that area and so they would be doing just that.

Anyone got a gif of his last KO, I missed it.

It's pretty disappointing, he basically just brushed a bit of fluff of the guys face and he was out.

Crazy power.

If there is one skill that can give a person a chance in any fight it is the ability to one punch KO people with consistancy.

And that fact makes what he said no less ridiculous. Having a massive punch is nice, but having one won't make you great (or even decent for that matter), and you can be great without one.

Let's see how he fares against a top 10 before we make any real judgement.

TS u do realize that Soa's recent wins were against bottom of the barrel HW's don't u?
This does not prove he has anything yet for upper echelon or even mid tier HW's.
I see the UFC giving Soa a huge chance to improve/develop himself since his first stint back in '07 didn't go so well (against Eddie Sanchez)
So far, he's proved to be big, strong & have 1 punch KO power from full mount.
Is that enough to be champion? No
We still need to see what other tricks he has & guy needs a major step up in competition already.
I like Soa, he could be a dark horse, but what's gonna happen when he decides to stand with iron chin HW's like Hunt, Roy or JDS?

Back