1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

any one starting to believe in Soa

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by eternaldarkness, May 28, 2014.

1. HIMBOB Steel Belt

he said "potentially a far more dangerous fighter than cain."

If he said a better fighter than Cain I wouldn't agree, but his ability to just put people away without having to out strike them consistantly or wear them down makes him very very dangerous.
    He is like the definition of a dangerous fighter as opposed to a great fighter, one mis step and if he catches you on it you lose.

I'd say Soa could beat any HW in the division right now I really believe that is true, BUT he is also fairly beatable himself.

I personally prefer people with better defence, but Soa's offence is just so insane in this regard it makes him dangerous.

2. pointfighter Blue Belt

His raw strength is fucking ludicrous, but his stand up is very rudimentary.

let's see how he does against a top 10 before we start hyping his name.

3. MartyMcFry Brown Belt

He's good. A fight with Struve if they both win their next fight would be more telling of where he's at.

4. Edmond Rousey Blue Belt

Pat Barry believes.

5. JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

If we're measuring "danger" purely in terms of punching power, sure Soa probably has more raw power than Cain. His dangerous offense amounts to having a big punch, basically (and there are several HWs that carry big power). He isn't quick in the least, nor is he particularly skilled in any way. He's a physically imposing man with a basic skillset and nice power. I mean, Cain is a much more dangerous fighter in the sense that he is much more likely to badly beat the shit out of quality fighters since he's far more skilled and athletic. I wouldn't give Soa a chance against truly elite HWs beyond the minuscule chance that something utterly bizarre occurs. Someone like Roy Nelson has quite a bit more going for him than Soa, I think.

6. 400lbKneeOnFace Orange Belt

I am starting to believe that he is the UFC's number one can crusher.

7. Lito Lapida Brown Belt

Soa vs. Browne would be great. both overhyped, overrated HW.

8. ithinktheymad Red Belt

No but I hope he can stay on his run and get fights with the top 10 because that division is so stale.

9. Earthworm Jim Banned Banned

Swap the words I bolded 'Soa' & 'any HW' & u pretty much have the correct answer...

The truth is that almost all HW have one shot KO power, Soa being no exception.
    Having said that, that's all that he has going for him right now, especially since he continues to agree fighting cans to pad his record.
    I'm not a fan of hype machines, especially @ HW so unless Soa steps up in competition like yesterday, he's just a can crushing hype machine for now.

10. HIMBOB Steel Belt

Sorry I thought that was clear.

He can beat and be beaten by anyone. Which is why I call him "dangerous" as opposed to a title contender or something along those lines.

Every UFC fighter has one shot KO power IMO.
    Some fighters it would take a strike thrown and landed 99% perfectly, other fighters like Soa it would take a strike thrown and landed 50% perfectly. (numbers just random but you get the point).

Not sure what you mean when you say "competition like yesterday".

As to fighting cans, he fought in the UFC once and got cut, then it took them a while to want him back, is that his fault he was facing "cans" like Cromier, McCorkle and Sapp?? was he turning down high level fights? or was he fighting and winning.

He was fighting what was availiable to him, sure some weren't great.

Lastly by the time he has his next fight he will have fought 4 times in 10 months and it will be against a good wrestler, with 100% TDD in the UFC and on a 6 fight win streak. I think that is about a perfect match for him.

He wins that and within 10 months in the UFC he earnt a shot at a top ten(ish) guy, been the most active HW, and got 3 finishes.

Who would you have him fight instead?

11. The Pot You must've been high

As an aussie I hope he runs through the division. That being said dude is incredibly slow and sloppy. Not quite title material but he can make waves in the top 10, especially with his power