Any German Shepherd owners?

View media item 27457never saw my dogs dad, she was born on the side of a river in a indian reservation with 10 brothers and sisters.
One of the owners did a dna test and it came back with rotty, husky, malamute a d shepherd. She looks mostly shepherd though.
very feral with a high prey drivalong with being big and strong. Makes for some difficult moments but she's also a total angel.

I had one he was awesome called Syrus don’t have any pics on this phone beautiful dogs they are.

Yep, my 14 month old. Logan. He's a lean 86 lbs and lanky as fuck.

2me6pv.jpg

The day I brought him home, about a year ago.

5b6zd1.jpg

I always felt bad for my former manager.

He was divorced, therefore his daughter thought it would be a good idea if he not only got one German Shepard, but 2 for companionship. He ended up buying two brothers from the same litter. Which he later heard was a big mistake due to the strong codependency that can develop as well as separation anxiety that is common amongst siblings.

But anyways, he had to keep them by themselves for the most part of the day when he was working and when he would get home and finally let them out, they'd be crazy with energy. He literally had his hands full with both of them. They would destroy parts of his house, grab food off the counters, jump on any visitor who came over, etc and this was after investing a few grand into puppy obedience training.

I told him he should give them to the police department or military, but by that time he was already too soft on them.

Great dogs, but no doubt they take a lot of work

German shepherds are awesome... But it would be a though dog to have as a pet, unless you had a lot of time to devote to exercising it. It's a dog that's been bread to work and perform complex tasks, they aren't meant to sit around the house all day like a pug.

There is a Belgian shepperd at my in laws
It is the best dog I have ever met. Calm, disciplined, smart, never has to wear a leash anywhere, etc.

This breed can be dangerous and problematic, though. It goes to demonstrate that it is all about raising them properly.

Back