Any German Shepherd owners?

Had a 140lbs monster as a kid, it loved play fighting other dogs. Shit was epic better then any godzila fight.

Brutally intelligent dogs, scary protective and fiercely loyal. Ultimate babysitters.

And that's why you don't put carpet in a rental. I'm no neat freak but wtf man , lol!

That is not a rental, I own my own home. What he does not eat off the carpert vaccums right up.

I've got three shepherd crosses. One is a lab/shep, one is rot/shep and one is alaskan Mal/shep.

This is my AKC German Shepherd. His AKC name is Blitzkrieg Von Dem Martin. We call him Blitz.

Blitz is 8 weeks old and already weighs almost 16lbs. We already have him trained to sit and shake. He is incredibly smart. His dad weighs a very lean 110lbs and his momma was very lean 80lbs. His paws are massive.

Can't have a dog named Blitz and not have him a football.

awesome pup. about ready to get another one, having had to put my old guy down about two years ago.
the most loyal, and intelligent, dog I've ever owned. hope you have much fun and success with yours.

That is not a rental, I own my own home. What he does not eat off the carpert vaccums right up.

I didn't mean to insinuate your place was a rental , just though it a prime example illustrating why I don't personally trust people to handle things the way I necessarily would , but to each their own . Was just the first thing I noticed , my apologies for going OT.

One of my pups favorite chew toys is beef trachea. It's all fun and games until it starts to get wet from his saliva and it smells like straight ass. Makes the whole house reek.

This is my AKC German Shepherd. His AKC name is Blitzkrieg Von Dem Martin. We call him Blitz.

Blitz is 8 weeks old and already weighs almost 16lbs. We already have him trained to sit and shake. He is incredibly smart. His dad weighs a very lean 110lbs and his momma was very lean 80lbs. His paws are massive.

Can't have a dog named Blitz and not have him a football.

tumblr_lvhuuq55N71qhoyau.jpg

It's almost always how the owner has raised them.

Except for pitbulls though. Every poorly behaved pitbull acts that way because of genetics....

But honestly, most owners don't have the slightest idea how to properly train and discipline a powerful breed.

Ya. I hate when owners buy certain breeds b/c "they are cute" or "I saw one in a movie and it was really smart". They buy Shepherds or beagles, pit bulls, Rotties, or jack russel, etc. b/c they think they look cool but don't bother to train them or give them what that breed needs.

Then the dogs are poorly trained and either end up hurting someone or end up in a shelter or killed b/c the owner can't handle them.

Don't get a dog based on how cute the puppy is.

Got a shepard mix. Got her at six weeks. Shes been great. Shes at 4 months

Last edited:
hdy82qA.jpg

Panzer is currently sitting at 65 lbs and has fully outgrown his co pilot seat. I swear I'm buying a truck this summer.

Got a shepard mix. Got her at six weeks. Shes been great. Shes at 4

Beautiful!

Thinking about switching breeds to GSD's or BM's. Time will tell.

never had a pure one

my childhood dog was half german shepherd, half golden retriever but she looked like a german shepherd, but her only black mark was her face, body was just brown.

she was the best dog I ever had, absolutely incredible intelligence. became well known in my neighborhood because of how shockingly intelligent she was. she would learn words and phrases just by observing, so you could give her commands you never tught her, like "go in the shower" or "bring me my shoes", she just figured it out from teh words she would overhear and connected the dots

ive always considered getting a german shepherd after having that dog

people talking about biting, i know the posts are old and his dog is big by now, but for other people reading. ive broken every dog ive had out of biting by just giving a very loud and sharp "NO!" the instant they do it. I dont just say it like im yelling, but try to make it sharp and sudden, like a quarterback giving a hard count.

the surprise snaps them out of whatever theyre focused on, and gets them to stop and turn to me to figure out what the fuck that was. i use it for almost all "bad behavior" and is surprisingly effective.

Ive trained 4 different dogs to meet the standards of becoming a therapy dog, a very sharp "NO!" is usually the only "punishment" or negative command, I've needed. its priceless for a dog owner, since it at the very least gets them to freeze and pay attention to you.

Yes forever. GSD are GOAT. No better friend in this world. Take good care of your baby he's beautiful! Congrats

Back