Any foods you simply can't stand to eat?

raconnor

Rebawk Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Food allergies aside, are there any food you can't bring yourself to eat?

For me it's not a single food but a type of plant: raw leafy greens - lettuce, kale, spinach, etc.

It's not a taste issue, either. It's because when I was a little kid I helped my grandma pick lettuce out of her garden. I was so damn excited to eat that lettuce. She let me help her pick it, she let me chop it up and everything. It was a damn good salad, too. Until halfway through when I chomped into some weird fuckin' worm.

It was so bitter and unexpected that it fucked my mind up and now anytime there are leafy greens on my plate, whether it's in a salad, on top of a burger, etc. I get that same grossed out feeling in my stomach.

If it's kale or spinach that has been cooked down or blended up I have no problem. But if it's leafy and green and anything similar to the bug salad I had, my brain just says nope.

What about you? Any food you won't eat whether it's taste or texture or whatever?

Cottage Cheese

Love trying all foods, but cottage cheese is nauseating

Oysters...don't like em.
And balut for a temporary period..had it undercooked and when I put my spoon in the fetus, blood gushed out. Now it's all good again.

balut.jpg

Food allergies aside, are there any food you can't bring yourself to eat?

For me it's not a single food but a type of plant: raw leafy greens - lettuce, kale, spinach, etc.

It's not a taste issue, either. It's because when I was a little kid I helped my grandma pick lettuce out of her garden. I was so damn excited to eat that lettuce. She let me help her pick it, she let me chop it up and everything. It was a damn good salad, too. Until halfway through when I chomped into some weird fuckin' worm.

It was so bitter and unexpected that it fucked my mind up and now anytime there are leafy greens on my plate, whether it's in a salad, on top of a burger, etc. I get that same grossed out feeling in my stomach.

If it's kale or spinach that has been cooked down or blended up I have no problem. But if it's leafy and green and anything similar to the bug salad I had, my brain just says nope.

What about you? Any food you won't eat whether it's taste or texture or whatever?
Love how so many of these "What do you like/dislike" threads ask members a question, then the OP goes on forever about him/herself.

Celery
Durian
Coleslaw
Anything with mayonnaise
Oysters

Human flesh. Whenever I eat it lately I get stomach cramps.

Back