any fishers step in here

So i hit the calcasieu river this weekend, caught 2 bass, they were hitting around the buzzbait but never truely hit it. Not much action at all

About a week ago my buddies and I went on a 9 mile hike to go hit some sections of a river that shouldn't have too much pressure.

The water was running multiple times higher and faster than it's historical average.

One fish was landed, a couple more bit but weren't landed.

I didn't get any action at all, no bites, no follows, nothing. I didn't even see a fish that day.

The trip was absolutely worth it though.

I went out a few weeks ago at a lake here in southwest Florida in the woods. Used an all white Mr. Twister and out of 10 casts my nephew in this pic and I caught 8 rock bass. This lake connects to the Peace River in the rainy season and is brackish water.

15i9t79.jpg

Last edited:
Just started trying to get my first tiger musky... theres a shallow river around my way that i know they are there. Anyone got any tips for getting one of these fellas on the end of my line?

been fishing a lot lately. Caught my first bass (didn't grow up around freshwater) the other day.

anyway, I wanted to get a new setup bc my pole is pretty old and crappy. I was thinking of getting an ugly stik gx2 in 6 or 6.5 feet with this reel. Any experienced people know if that would be decent?

Shimano Sedona 2500FD Spinning Reel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PV2G9G/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ewdvvb0TPH17C

In my area I'd be fishing for bass, catfish, panfish, crappie and carp.

I also wanna get a new setup for trips to the gulf or my hometown in Louisiana but that can wait.

That would be a very good setup similar to that I usE.

I use mine mostly for bank fishing for trout and.... you guessed it: saugeye.

I went out a few weeks ago at a lake here in southwest Florida in the woods. Used an all white Mr. Twister and out of 10 casts my nephew in this pic and I caught 8 rock bass. This lake connects to the Peace River in the rainy season and is brackish water.

15i9t79.jpg

How well do the Crocs hold up on the muddy banks?

How well do the Crocs hold up on the muddy banks?

Very good, but we rode out in an atv, so I wouldn't wear them if he had to walk a long way. In that lake, those aren't the crocs you need to worry about anyway, there are some monster alligators in there. I was taking the picture and if you notice, I also managed to sit on the loaf of bread we bought.

Some giant garfish and catfish in there too. I see trotlines put out in that area as well.

It is an interesting lake, in the rainy season the brackish Peace River flows into it so sometimes you see hardy saltwater fish in there that you would not expect to see. Years ago a few porpoises were spotted in it.

Last edited:
Back