any fishers step in here

Calcasieu river was a great place to get some bass but saltwater has pushed up so much you got to go pretty far north on it to catch good

That's what I hear, I've never fished it for bass though. Caught some nice speckled trout and reds from it in lake Charles though. I don't know if you follow professional bass fishing but when the bassmaster elite series came here to orange on the Sabine River, a lot of the pros were running over and fishing up the calcasieu. The Sabine River and neches river around here seem to be perfect for bass fishing but the tidal surge from Ike pretty much killed everything out and they've never fully recovered. You can go and catch 30-40 fish a day on soft plastics but they're all between 8-10 inches.

I miss fishing. I haven't been improbably 3 years and every time I make plans to go, something comes up. Even when I go to our house in Wisconsin, which is on a lake, for one reason or another I just don't get to. Last time I went, I took my wife who had never been fishing. Her first cast ever and she snagged a huge smallmouth.

Its also about the one activity I can do with my dad and feel like I have a normal father/son relationship.

Did some kayak fishing Sunday in the ocean. Buddy and I were planning to drift so we spent the morning dropping off a car. There was no current to speak of, so we shot out to 600 feet deep, which is the deepest I've ever been (3-4 miles). Got a handful of black fin tunas.

That's what I hear, I've never fished it for bass though. Caught some nice speckled trout and reds from it in lake Charles though. I don't know if you follow professional bass fishing but when the bassmaster elite series came here to orange on the Sabine River, a lot of the pros were running over and fishing up the calcasieu. The Sabine River and neches river around here seem to be perfect for bass fishing but the tidal surge from Ike pretty much killed everything out and they've never fully recovered. You can go and catch 30-40 fish a day on soft plastics but they're all between 8-10 inches.

The river was starting to recover from rita then came ike. We caught a flounder out at sam Houston state park after ike. Not sure if you know where that is but man the saltwater pushed far up

Got back into fishing about four years ago. It's been all bank fishing, but I'm finally gonna have my boat ready in about two weeks, can't wait to get on the water and try different stuff.

Got back into fishing about four years ago. It's been all bank fishing, but I'm finally gonna have my boat ready in about two weeks, can't wait to get on the water and try different stuff.

You planning on saltwater or freshwater good sir

i got lucky and got pulled around by a 35lb ono last week on my kayak. got at least 20lbs of fillets out of it. I was dragging a small dead opelu(scad) and wham he peeled about 100 yards off on the run. cheap walmart pole and a spinner. what a kick in the azz, no gas, its fun, exercise, and i got food out of it. I cant wait till winds are light to go again.

i got lucky and got pulled around by a 35lb ono last week on my kayak. got at least 20lbs of fillets out of it. I was dragging a small dead opelu(scad) and wham he peeled about 100 yards off on the run. cheap walmart pole and a spinner. what a kick in the azz, no gas, its fun, exercise, and i got food out of it. I cant wait till winds are light to go again.

Sounds badass, brah. You have any pics of the ono?

Any of you gentlemen here use the dropshot technique?

Your kayak is sweet. I'd like to go to Kauai one day and fish for peacock bass. I've been to Oahu and the Big Island.

yeah tucanare are fun to catch, my biggest was 7.5lbs, one of the hardest fighting pound for pound fresh water fish. I have a float tube and used to bass/peacock fish all the time, lately ive been kayak fishing a lot more.

I found a lake next to home and got out today. I got 1 tiny bass, and then got 1 footlong bass,both on a senko. Not as good as id hoped, I may just drive an hour next time where I know theres good fish.

I can't wait till the boat is fixed. Anybody ever have any luck for bass of a bank

I miss fishing. I haven't been improbably 3 years and every time I make plans to go, something comes up. Even when I go to our house in Wisconsin, which is on a lake, for one reason or another I just don't get to. Last time I went, I took my wife who had never been fishing. Her first cast ever and she snagged a huge smallmouth.

What lake in wisconsin Delevan or Geneva, I'm guessing since its pretty all of your(kidding) people on those 2.

Back