any fishers step in here

kingmotorboat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So it's memorial day weekend, what kind of fishing are you planning on doing? Lure? If fishing with worm how are you rigging? For me today Berkeley power bait watermelon seed 6 inch Carolina rigged on the river not too great of results. One decent bass about one and half pounds. Share tips if you want lol

Not fishing this weekend but I like to. Usually go after Rainbow Trout, Channel Catfish and Bass. The majority of the time I bait fish but I use a lure quite often as well.

Current set up.

ewpl.jpg

Lew's SGH200 reel on a Abu Garcia Vendetta.

I can't use spin cast just dont like them lol. All i use is open bait cast currently using a quantum 3 bearings 6.2:. Thinking about maybe doing a little bit of saltwater tomorrowi live maybe 30 mminutes from the gulf

And here I had a Joey Buttafuoco joke lined up.

And here I had a Joey Buttafuoco joke lined up.

I'll bite, but don't make it too funny. I might get hooked to your jokes.

PS. I think I see what you did there.

TBH at first glance I read 'any' as 'Amy'.

Lol, I had no idea who Joey Buttafuoco is, I assumed someone that has something to do with fishing and I thought that the lined up might have been a play of words. Hence my biting and hooking.

Lol, I had no idea who Joey Buttafuoco is, I assumed someone that has something to do with fishing and I thought that the lined up might have been a play of words. Hence my biting and hooking.

He got off on a stat rape charge after a 16yo mistress(Amy Fisher) shot his wife dead.

Forgive me Entro I've consumed many IPA's. :)

He got off on a stat rape charge after a 16yo mistress(Amy Fisher) shot his wife dead.

Forgive me Entro I've consumed many IPA's. :)

Sounds like the murrican legal system I know.

forgiveness.jpg

Not familiar with the reel, though Lew's is quality, but the Vendetta is solid for the money.

Only used it twice so far but I like it. I know someone with a Quantum Smoke and the Lew's is almost as smooth. That Smoke looks badass though.

Not fishing this weekend but I like to. Usually go after Rainbow Trout, Channel Catfish and Bass. The majority of the time I bait fish but I use a lure quite often as well.

Current set up.

ewpl.jpg

Lew's SGH200 reel on a Abu Garcia Vendetta.

Sweet reel, Corvette, and garage floor. I'm partial to Shimanos. In my experience, they tend to be the smoothest and trouble free. Also, easier to sell them later when you want to upgrade to a newer reel.

I love it, but I don't do it frequently. It's been years since the last time I did it. I'm hoping I can enjoy some offshore fishing this year

Man, when did fishing get so complicated?

I used to fish all the time with my grandfather, we used twenty dollar rods we picked up at Canadian Tire.

We'd pile into his Pinto and drive into the bush for the weekend. Up at dawn, a quick breakfast of eggs and bacon, and out on the boat before dawn; back at sunset with a pile of bass, perch and pike. He'd fry up some of the fish in his iron pan for dinner, and then to sleep, me in a tent, him in the Pinto.

Fun times.

No fishing for me today. Damnit. Anyway i just got the girl into it she has never been fishing until last week and she is 23 yikes. She's been doing perch jerking my I've been looking for bass

I usually bass fish. Have too many rods, reels, lures to name. At work it's all about striper or catfishing. Lately it's been about the snake heads. They are absolutely delicious grilled. Solid white fish that has a heavier than normal consistency to it.

Sweet reel, Corvette, and garage floor. I'm partial to Shimanos. In my experience, they tend to be the smoothest and trouble free. Also, easier to sell them later when you want to upgrade to a newer reel.

Thanks.
When I went looking to upgrade from an old combo I had I was surprised at how smooth and nice the Lew's felt. I was originally looking at some more expensive reels but the lews felt as smooth as most double it's price so I couldn't justify buying some 2x the price went I felt almost 0 felt performance differences. It also came with 2 spools which is nice. It's 6.2:1 ratio 9+1 bearings. I like it.

Last year I got a Quantum PT Accurist with a baitcaster (Quantum burner 7.0), my first decent setup that cost more than $60. I also have a cheap uglystick and mitchel spinner reel as well.

When on a boat I usually troll, a floating jig head attached to a bottom bouncer with about 2-3 feet of line between the bouncer and floater, with minnows as bait. Works great for catching pike or walleye.

If I'm fishing off a pier or shore usually just a lure.

Back