Media Anthony Smith explains his actions last night after his fight with Ryan Spann at UFC Vegas 37

Since almost half of his post fight interview with Bisping got muted last night, this is what Lion Heart had to say.

*I also just re-watched the fight with the uncensored interview and pretty much this is what he wanted to say.

Lmfao it's sad that he's sacrificed so much just for an opportunity and not a career....

Dana-White-before.jpg

Because people of all ages watch, and nobody watches mma to hear profanity laced interviews.

I appreciate your answer and have given it some thought, not that anyone gives a shit LOL, but my general response respectfully is that not everything is for kids, and I don’t think all spaces are for children. Like as an old myself, one thing I have noticed is that these days children have to have access to everything adults have (BRING YOUR KIDS EVERYWHERE). I know I’m sounding a bit like “get off my lawn“ and I’m not necessarily saying that things in the 70s when I was a child were better but then again growing older I can see how things are certainly shittier, actually harder for children in someways, and I don’t know if the loss of separation between child spaces and adult spaces is a great thing. I certainly don’t know about it in terms of bloodsport where there is violence and cussing, which is what I come to see and hear in my obeisance to the just bleed gods.

Plus, again, if I’m paying for shitty ESPN plus, I want the full experience and not some pussy ass geekazoid pressing the mute button because some bloodied fighter said the word fuck or shit.

i acknowledge there’s nuance here to argue against my view but those are my two denarii.

I don’t even get why people think this is some kind of clever meme. The whole thing pisses me off actually. The dude committed a home invasion and by grace of god ended up attacking one of the top twenty-five toughest fighters on the planet thankfully. And he gets a slap on the wrist for it.

One of the "top twenty-five toughest fighters on the planet" wouldn't fail to incapacitate a druggie while having a 40-50lb advantage

:D:D:D
Since almost half of his post fight interview with Bisping got muted last night, this is what Lion Heart had to say.

*I also just re-watched the fight with the uncensored interview and pretty much this is what he wanted to say.

Your name looks great in light blue!! Congrats Forum Moderator:D:D:D
Well deserved!!!

Maybe you’re correct, but you’re glossing over one glaring takeaway besides losing the Jones fight, he could’ve won. Yet, he took the high road in realization that having taken that belt by DQ wasn’t the correct path to take during his MMA journey.
Biggest balls in MMA history for that one.

Somebody can learn a thing or two about it:
maxresdefault.jpg

The Sherdog staff has been killing it with their moderator selections as of late. Congrats TS

Smith has really grown on me. For a guy who beat the crap out of Shogun, I really like him.

A new breed.

"Light blue turns people yellow."

Sherdog has given LHW the Flyweight treatment.

Everyone sucks till somebody beats Jones

Smith is overthinking it a bit and he's trying to hard. It's a bit like with DC, they're both nice guys but they stress that fact too much to the point is becomes obnoxious. People prefer scumbags like Conor and Jones just because they don't preach. I personally don't but I understand why others do.

Also, Smith should have taken that DQ win from Jones. He was hated for the loss and is still hated - but he would have been an ex-champ and much richer if he did what Aljo did and just took that belt handed to him on a silver platter. Not that I condone it, it just makes sense in hindsight.

Maybe you’re correct, but you’re glossing over one glaring takeaway besides losing the Jones fight, he could’ve won. Yet, he took the high road in realization that having taken that belt by DQ wasn’t the correct path to take during his MMA journey.

Honestly, I don't think he wanted to get locked in a cage with Jones again (didn't look like he wanted to be there the first time).
Taking the title by DQ would have put him on a short path to cowering in another corner.

You gotta work pretty hard to squeeze any honour out of that particular performance.

Back