Media Anthony Smith explains his actions last night after his fight with Ryan Spann at UFC Vegas 37

If he wants respect so bad then he should give this man the rematch he deserves..

3x6ja2.gif

the bizarre thing is 160lb untrained civilian Luke Haberman (allegedly) put up more of a fight and lasted longer than half of Smiths opponents who are 220lb trained killers.. meth is a hell of a drug.

Honestly, I don't think he wanted to get locked in a cage with Jones again (didn't look like he wanted to be there the first time).
Taking the title by DQ would have put him on a short path to cowering in another corner.

You gotta work pretty hard to squeeze any honour out of that particular performance.
I’m relatively sure that he’s not proud of the terrible showing in the cage, but for a family man he’d be guaranteed an even better payday next time. Besides the point that he’s had his ass beaten worse than Jones before (Marreta) and definitely since (OleMan Texiera), Just my 0.2 anyway

So apparently smith is pissed that people aren't making a bigger deal about his wins over guys like Lombard and Rashad.

Smith is overthinking it a bit and he's trying to hard. It's a bit like with DC, they're both nice guys but they stress that fact too much to the point is becomes obnoxious. People prefer scumbags like Conor and Jones just because they don't preach. I personally don't but I understand why others do.

Also, Smith should have taken that DQ win from Jones. He was hated for the loss and is still hated - but he would have been an ex-champ and much richer if he did what Aljo did and just took that belt handed to him on a silver platter. Not that I condone it, it just makes sense in hindsight.
Yan gave a lot of money to Sterling. I don't see Anthony Smith getting ppv points on a stacked card.

With all the shit he talked before the Jones fight to only fold and look like a deer in headlights, he deserves a lot of the shit that he gets. He has mostly made a name off of washed up or older opponents. Other fighters get shit for doing it so he shouldn't get a pass either.

He could've pulled a Sterling, before it was called pulling a Sterling, and got himself a paper belt, but he didn't. You don't respect that?

Does seem odd that we can watch two dudes brain each other and bleed all over the plus but we draw the line at the F word

THANK YOU and well stated!

With all the shit he talked before the Jones fight to only fold and look like a deer in headlights, he deserves a lot of the shit that he gets. He has mostly made a name off of washed up or older opponents. Other fighters get shit for doing it so he shouldn't get a pass either.
Exactly. He had his shot to back up the talk and gain respect, and instead he bitched out and fought like a defeated pussy too afraid to lose, and too afraid to fight back. I didn't need him to fight stupid, but he should've at least fought with courage.

I don't respect him for making it to the final bell. And I certainly don't respect him for turtling up and waiting for the end of the fight instead of trying to find a way back into it and win.

I had his back going into the Jones fight and he let me down badly.

This kind of attitude isn't doing him any favors. Demanding respect is stupid. You earn it, and whining like this doesn't make me respect you or like you any better.

Maybe being pissy like this will make him a better fighter, because as of now I don't really want to see him in a high profile fight again.

He could've pulled a Sterling, before it was called pulling a Sterling, and got himself a paper belt, but he didn't. You don't respect that?
Well he could have tried to do ala The Chris, we do not know if it would have worked. We all have to give some degree of respect to every man and woman that steps into the ring or octagon. Smith is just being a shit talker now and acting very arrogant. Look at the way he react to the Cuttalaba call out. He sat there and went "No he didn't", like Smith is a top 5 guy riding some long impressive win streak.

Sterling is a joke and hopefully Yan destroys him.

What's the deal with respect? I'd give him respect if he took the belt and got a shit ton of money for his family.

Well he could have tried to do ala The Chris, we do not know if it would have worked. We all have to give some degree of respect to every man and woman that steps into the ring or octagon. Smith is just being a shit talker now and acting very arrogant. Look at the way he react to the Cuttalaba call out. He sat there and went "No he didn't", like Smith is a top 5 guy riding some long impressive win streak.

Sterling is a joke and hopefully Yan destroys him.

Smith is a top ranked guy, and currently has 3 finishes in a row. You didn't answer my previous question though. Do you respect the fact that he didn't steal the LHW title on some pretend bullshit, even though he had the perfect opportunity to do it?

What's the deal with respect? I'd give him respect if he took the belt and got a shit ton of money for his family.

Oh. So, you don't respect him for doing the right thing, but you would respect him if he faked it to temporarily gain money and status? Weird.

Oh. So, you don't respect him for doing the right thing, but you would respect him if he faked it to temporarily gain money and status? Weird.
Respect doesn't pay bills. The right thing would be securing money for your family.

Smith is a top ranked guy, and currently has 3 finishes in a row. You didn't answer my previous question though. Do you respect the fact that he didn't steal the LHW title on some pretend bullshit, even though he had the perfect opportunity to do it?
He could have tried to do it and he didn't, it certainly is an admirable thing that he did. He is acting like a pompous person with the way he is acting now. I guess it is easier for him to act like this than to work on not being gun shy when the going gets tough. So he didn't try to steal the belt, but he also didn't do anything action wise to try to win it. He talked a lot in the build up to the fight only to do nothing in the cage.

Respect doesn't pay bills. The right thing would be securing money for your family.

Oh, because he doesn't get paid otherwise? "For the kids", eh? Heard.

He could have tried to do it and he didn't, it certainly is an admirable thing that he did. He is acting like a pompous person with the way he is acting now. I guess it is easier for him to act like this than to work on not being gun shy when the going gets tough. So he didn't try to steal the belt, but he also didn't do anything action wise to try to win it. He talked a lot in the build up to the fight only to do nothing in the cage.

To be fair....he was fighting Jon Jones. That's not to fucked with or taken lightly.

Oh, because he doesn't get paid otherwise? "For the kids", eh? Heard.

To be fair....he was fighting Jon Jones. That's not to fucked with or taken lightly.
Right but he did like Rampage, Rashad, Gloverm and others in the fight. He froze and the problem is he made this big deal about how he was different and was going to bring it Jones. A lot of people are salty on him because of that, we believed the hype he put up and wanted him to win.

Right but he did like Rampage, Rashad, Gloverm and others in the fight. He froze and the problem is he made this big deal about how he was different and was going to bring it Jones. A lot of people are salty on him because of that, we believed the hype he put up and wanted him to win.

Lol - you believed him? Jones is a fucking monster in the cage.

This man needs a real life like button I guess. He wants respect from the wrong people in life. He gave up everything to get the respect of people in his professional life when all that truly matters is respect in his personal one. His children and family is what he should concentrate on. I’m also sure he has their respect. Maybe he should’ve been a surgeon.

Back