Media Anthony Smith explains his actions last night after his fight with Ryan Spann at UFC Vegas 37

Lol - you believed him? Jones is a fucking monster in the cage.
I wanted to man, you either hate Jones or love him and there is no in between. Us haters have the hope that every fight will be the one and Smith was on a roll and is a big guy who is comfortable on his feet and on the ground so he is not a slouch but that fight showed us what he really brings to the table.

I wanted to man, you either hate Jones or love him and there is no in between. Us haters have the hope that every fight will be the one and Smith was on a roll and is a big guy who is comfortable on his feet and on the ground so he is not a slouch but that fight showed us what he really brings to the table.

Nah, it just showed how shit changes when you face the beest. He also showed that he lived up to his nickname by not taking the cowardly way out, despite people thinking the opposite.

Biggest balls in MMA history for that one.

Somebody can learn a thing or two about it:
maxresdefault.jpg
I really don’t understand how people can hate on AntSmit, he’s one of those guys that earned his stripes the hard way, gotta hespect that.

Smith deserved the rant. It looked by the way he responded to Spann at the end that it was in response to something Spann had said, perhaps before the fight. Smith rhetorically quoted something.

Let's not act like he is the first fighter to vent some frustration about matchups that don't advance his career and are meant for him to be a stepping stone for someone.

It's light skin rage. It will show up when a darker brother tries to press him. It's probably something from his childhood.

Right but he did like Rampage, Rashad, Gloverm and others in the fight. He froze and the problem is he made this big deal about how he was different and was going to bring it Jones. A lot of people are salty on him because of that, we believed the hype he put up and wanted him to win.
Well what was he supposed to say?
"I'll freeze up like everyone else, please don't bet on me."?

I'm sure he wanted to do what he said he'd do but fighting Jones will mess you up.

I used to be super pissed at Smith as well because I hate Jones and I would prefer that Jones lost the belt - but looking at all the undeserved hate Smith got I'm inching over to his side. In the end he's just a fighter like all the rest, trying to win and earn his pay. He's tired of the haters and rightfully so.

Anyone writing this whole event off as humorous is a cunt. That's just inarguable to me. I can't understand being that bankrupt, in whatever one might call it. Morally? Ethically? Whatever it is, something's missing in you if you're making it a joke.

It's jokes. The same type of humor you hear in comedy told by comedians. I get that this type of humor is not for everyone as is the case with dark humor especially. But jokes are jokes and are off limits.
The only problem I would see is if someone ACTUALLY thought this incident was funny. We can joke about it but obviously it was a horrific experience for Smith and his family and this maniac should have been put in prison for years.
I think people agree about that. I don't have a problem seeing jokes this guy should get a rematch, though. But as I said, not every type of humor is for everyone. But I wouldn't go as far as to say people who find those jokes funny are morally deranged.

Respect has to be earned in all walks of life. It won't be given by threating a concussed opponent. That time is to celebrate the win and if you want give props to the opponent.

But, it can be frustrating for an athlete to hear this and that, when you sweat and bleed. But, after a good showing you get mostly praise. You get positive and negative reviews of your craft, it being a fan-driven sport. All athletes should understand this. Right when they sign up. Coaches job. Can't have it both ways, as few are Khabib, and even Khabib got flak.

For example World Football stars expect to be criticized. They're fine with it. Managers as well. They get sacked if they perform poorly. So it's silly MMA fighters can't be criticized. It's literally part of the job.

Last edited:
He talks a lot of shit for someone that's not even elite, just fights in a shit division.

why does ESPN mute curse words?
it’s fucking dumb and it’s a subscription service already so what the fuck?

dude you are treated like a baby who can’t make decisions for them selves stop and look at the world around you. It’s not what you think it is. It’s not for you. This is how it all is. Only gets worse. They decide not you . They are special and In control not you

Back