Anthony Pettis wants UFC to respect his brother Sergio - ‘It’s offensive to see him on the undercard

He’s in a tiny weight class and he’s a decision queen. They put him where he belongs.

They gotta have ranked ghys on prelims for tv. Im surr he gets paid the same.

Sergio is seriously overrated. Has no finishing skills or takedown defense. I was shocked to see Benavidez lose to him (even if it was a split decision).

Anthony Pettis sucks?

lol

It's amazing as to how fickle and stupid MMA fans are. No wonder other combat sport fans look down upon us, MMA fans as a whole are worse than WWE fans.
since USADA arrived?

yes, he absolutely sucks

But we need that always amazing WMMA fight on the main card

Well, you have to take marketability into account. Waterson and Herrig have close to a million Instagram followers between them

What I don't understand is why OSP who is only ranked #7 and fighting a nobody is on the main card over Pettis who is #2. OSP is just as unpopular as Pettis and ranked lower. My only assumption is the UFC hates manlets.

I think anyone who spends time crafting their striking skills can appreciate the technical excellence of Sergio. I don't think the common fan understands how hard it is to be that clean.

Even still his fights tend to get a bit tedious after 1-2 rounds. Should probably be on the maincard over Waterson/Herrig but not that egregious.

Nah, Waterson/Herrig are too popular to leave off the main card. Waterson alone has more name recognition than anyone on the card except McGregor, Kabib and maybe Anthony Pettis. Sergio should definitely be on the main card over OSP, who has very little popularity AND is ranked lower.

He's on a one fight win streak coming off a split decision.

Also worth noting the under card needs some names.

Nothing to see here.

Anthony Pettis not being too happy that his younger brother, Sergio Pettis, was pegged to face Jussier Formiga on the undercard of the upcoming UFC 229 pay-per-view (PPV) event on Oct. 6, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

“UFC, I don’t know what Sergio has to do to get on the main card. He’s No. 2 in the world fighting No. 5 or No. 6 in the world and they are fighting on the undercard,” said Anthony on a recent edition of Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show

”Show the kid some respect, he’s busting his ass, and I see how hard he’s working. It’s kind of offensive to see him on the undercard.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

meh.
I've seen bigger names on undercard.
And until Sergio wins a belt, he has no base to complain...

Seems like diva attitude like Fedor insisting UFC sign all sorts of other Red Devil up and comers.

that does seem strange given how many no name fighters are on cards anymore

Saying it's disrespectful is going to far though. Sergio isn't some world beater.

anthony should tell his lil bro to jump off the cage and kick someone in the face.

Back