Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza Added to UFC 197 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perfect matchup for Pettis to get back on track.

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Joe Rogan

Well, considering how bad Pettis looked in his last fight, I wouldn't be sure about this not.

I feel like Barboza has more speed and overall better kicks at this point. But his chin won't help

Damn good fight. I think Pettis is better, even in the striking.

Love this fight.

I bet Barboza picks him apart on the feet then gets tags attempting a sloppy charging in double.

Still going with Pettis.

Oh fuck be ready for a serious gun fight in this one.

I have more confidence in Pettis chin and heart but Barboza is nice and aggressive which should lose atleast some problems for Anthony.

Speed I think I give to Edson but we will wait to see when they get in the cage.

Awesome fight don't know how I didn't hear about it till now.

I wish Barboza had taken more time since having gotten rocked in his last fight. That being said, Pettis has looked like shit since drug testing (no accusation just observation). Hopefully we see a war

I like Barboza but Pettis will beat anyone who won't try and wresslefork him.

It's a lot better then it use to be since he started training with Edgar.
It is but it's still got a ways to go imo. Ferguson is no slouch but he tagged Barboza extremely often in their fight.

Great fight. Pettis has shown more durability so I'm going with him, but damn. Can't wait.

It is but it's still got a ways to go imo. Ferguson is no slouch but he tagged Barboza extremely often in their fight.
It may mean sonething it may not, but Eddie Alvarez just beat Pettis and although Barboza won't wrestle him, Barboza and Alvarez have the same coach in Mark Henry.

Mark Henry is a detailed game planner and basically this is his second camp in a row studying Pettis.

Phenomenal matchup, I've been wanting it for years.

I'll take Barboza for the dec. upset. I can't see him being outdone in this kind of fight where he'll be trading kicks. I don't think Pettis' style is the kind that can exploit Edson's weak areas.

I wish Barboza had taken more time since having gotten rocked in his last fight. That being said, Pettis has looked like shit since drug testing (no accusation just observation). Hopefully we see a war
Big John disagrees

Tough call, but i went with Barboza. He's looked like a killer lately, despite his last loss. Pettis hasn't had that 'eye of the tiger' look he had leading up to when he won the belt. I wouldn't be surprised if Pettis won, but i think Barboza just pressures him. Great match.

Back