Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza Added to UFC 197 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great fight for Pettis, he gets a guy who will probably stay at range and let him pick him apart, the only way Pettis likes to or wants to fight apparently.

Pettis only loses to people who can control him on the ground (thats not Edson) and Edson only loses to pressure fighters, with high output that can cut him off (that's not Anthony Pettis either). These are not bulls, but rather two matadors. I'm going with Pettis by way of he has been more successful at the highest levels than Edson.

bump for people that want to talk about fights. lol And for people that were waiting to see Pettis shape up before they made a prediction.

anthony-pettis-and-edson-barboza-face-off-during-the-ufc-197-ultimate-picture-id522955396

Barboza is bigger, stronger, and more technical on the feet.

I don't think Pettis can get this to the ground where he has a huge advantage.

The question is, is Pettis quick enough to get inside Edson's range and inflict damage effectively. If not I see this going like RDA vs Pettis with a good chance of a finish.

Barboza is bigger, stronger, and more technical on the feet.

I don't think Pettis can get this to the ground where he has a huge advantage.

The question is, is Pettis quick enough to get inside Edson's range and inflict damage effectively. If not I see this going like RDA vs Pettis with a good chance of a finish.
Is he really more technical though? It's probably pretty close. Pettis is really good at walking people into his kicks when he's at his best

Is he really more technical though? It's probably pretty close. Pettis is really good at walking people into his kicks when he's at his best
I think he is much more technical tbh.
Pettis, while highly technical, is extraordinarily creative and highly unpredictable.

Back