Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza Added to UFC 197 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is either a flash ko for Pettis or a brutal ko for Barboza.

Ufc 197 is loaded

DC vs Jones
DJ vs Cejudo
Pettis vs Barboza
Lewis vs Nelson
Whittaker vs Natal
Penn vs ????

Ohhh shit didn't realize Lewis/Nelson and Penn were on this card. I heard it was stacked and looked and I was like I wana see Jones/DC 2 bad and Pettis/Barboza's the shit but the rest underwhelmed me. Not a fan of mightymouse and think Whittaker going to stomp Natal. Lewis/Nelson is awesome though.

Watch Barboza shoot and fail double legs to a decision victory, wouldn't that be a laugh.

this might be the fight in we see pettis decline

I got barboza by tko

Sick fight! Lots of kicks, lots of spinning. Wads gonna be blown on this one. FOTN potential for sure.

Just Bleeeeeeed

Pettis shows why he's special again. Showtime via KO.

Both are great strikers and great athletes, but I see Barboza trying to pressure Pettis (copy what RDA did), Pettis likely catching him and winning by submission.

Holy shit. 197 is fucking on point right now. Come on Jon, just avoid the law

Ill take Edson. This is a good matchup for him.

He is composed and have some good defense. Pettis is not catching him with something and I feel Edson is better all around striker.

I'm assuming Pettis loses as his main training partner Punk is injured?

Ill take Edson. This is a good matchup for him.

He is composed and have some good defense. Pettis is not catching him with something and I feel Edson is better all around striker.
I would say Barboza has the opposite of good defense. His striking defense is his biggest weakness imo.

Would love to see Barboza finally win a top fight and give Pettis a third straight loss.

But that glass jaw probably fails him.

Pettis via submission would be my guess but I'm rooting for Barboza and hope he wins.

Barboza via UD

Back