Anthony Pettis on Jones: "You have to be careful"

Disappointing how little love this thread is getting.

Interesting perspective from Pettis, I for one applaud him coming forward with it. The more i listen to this guy the more i'm liking the cut of his jib.

Great find, TS. Ta'.

Is that you Montgomery Burns?

Jones probably went from dead broke to millionaire very quickly. This can lead to many temptations and the availability to do expensive destructive things in his spare time.

Pettis speaks much more wisely than the average 27 year old

He did an ama on reddit and it was pretty good. Dudes smart and cool as fuck. It'd surprise a lot of peo who know nothing about him outside of video blogs and stuff.

My problem isn't what Jones does to his body. It's the fact that there's a drug war going on south of the border, and cocaine use in the U.S. is fueling it.

Its simple economics when you have a product that costs $500 and can be sold for $20,000 it makes a lot of people interested. Look at what the 80's did for the stock market.

He makes some very valid points. It's not easy being on top there is always someone that wants to bring you down.

Last edited:
Props to the young Lion Pettis for not joining the mma lynch mob #ChampToChamp

Is Pettis straight edge like CM Punk?

Nah.

He will drink on occasion but nothing else.

He takes his shit seriously. Almost always has someone drive for him when he goes out too.

Pettis speaks much more wisely than the average 27 year old

Are you serious? 27 is a grown ass man. Maybe not wise but long-lived enough to know what to do and what not to do. You talk like they are 17.

And thats why i love him. Hes right when you chillin with diddy and he just did a line your gonna want a line to. Believe me its not even about being cool coke could win you over like a mofo. And it aint all that serious. I highly f'n doubt hes doing a ball a day. Maybe on a weekend thats possible. But he was for sure using 3-4 days before the drug test.

Give Pettis that Jones money and everyone in the industry kissing his ass, calling him the GOAT in the sport, and he too may give in to the pleasures of drugs.

Give Pettis that Jones money and everyone in the industry kissing his ass, calling him the GOAT in the sport, and he too may give in to the pleasures of drugs.

While he may or may not fall into the temptation of drug use if he were to be put in Jon's shoes, it doesn't make what he said any less true. And given the fact that he spoke on the different dynamics of the pressure to use and has the foresight to do that I'm pretty sure he would do fine and not use.

holy fuck.

its coke.

not a big deal

Since when are drugs not a big deal anymore? Especially cocaine? How many people just do drugs but are completely normal? I bet a small amount of people can say they do drugs but don't think about it if it's not in front of them. Not to mention the physical changes to your body.

It sounds like you do a lot shit to say "Holy fuck, not a big deal" about somebody trying to give a positive message about drug use.

I like Pettis, but he need to bring his father memory to any topic...

I think that even when he is banging some girl, he is telling her about your dad...

Jones probably went from dead broke to millionaire very quickly. This can lead to many temptations and the availability to do expensive destructive things in his spare time.

This. How he lives his life now will show us what he is made of.

Back