Anthony Pettis looks back at frustrating loss to Guida in UFC debut

yeah people were doubting him after that fight, i just knew he was too good to not learn from it and come back even better..

Same. I knew that was simply a roadblock where he got caught on a bad night, and it wouldn't happen again

Funny* how pettis pulled a guida on jeremy stephans in his VERY next fight, and .....what's the cute lil hipster play on words? Oh yeah "laid the carpet" on stephans for 3rds

* I was using the word funny in place of the word ironic

The best is when Guida ruins a Japanese fighters hype.

He should have lost to Hioki though.

But you can't blame Pettis for fighting the way he did vs Stephens when Stephens was trying to pointfight a bit himself at times in that fight..and Stephens is tough to finish, so gotta make sure you score some of those points back if your not landing too many good strikes.

Last edited:
A pretty basic Carpet "win". Just an awful fight.

lol yea that was some "loss". Lay the carpet Guida managed to dry hump him for 3 rounds.

This makes it that much worse for Pettis. He couldn't even beat a guy who "laid carpet" on him.

Fact is Guida shut Pettis down. He defended every sub attempt and controlled the vast majority of that fight.

Pettis couldn't do a damn thing about it.

also, it's pretty cool how guida can win by obtaining control over the fight and preventing the fight from speeding up

it just shows what a diverse and nuanced sport mma is

How do I start a new thread? I'm being serious, how do I do that?

pettis is a cool dude. he still hangs out in the south side of milwaukee where he grew up even though hes rich as hell now.

my wife told me she watched him get mobbed by fans at a car wash place a few days ago.

Fact is Guida shut Pettis down.

Like Schaub shut down Cyborg.

abreu_schaub1.gif

How do I start a new thread? I'm being serious, how do I do that?

New threads cost $100 vcash. Go to the vcash sub forum and submit your thread in the proper category.

The more hits your thread gets, the more vcash you earn

New threads cost $100 vcash. Go to the vcash sub forum and submit your thread in the proper category.

The more hits your thread gets, the more vcash you earn

Spent all my vcash getting vhandjobs.

Pettis looks unstoppable as of late so I guess he took his loss like a man and redefined himself. :icon_chee MMA is about styles, you always want to make sure you can out plan other skill sets. Pettis needs to only defeat injuries so we have more exciting fights in UFC.

Pettis should complain about his performance against Stephens. Was losing the standup and the fight before he decided he wanted to "show people he could wrestle."

Wow I actually just ordered a Domino's Pizza lol. It's been years.

Pettis should complain about his performance against Stephens. Was losing the standup and the fight before he decided he wanted to "show people he could wrestle."

What a complete and utter load of shit. He wasn't losing the stand-up. It was effectively a stalemate, in part because there wasn't much of it, since Stephens was trying to lay and pray him after talking all that shit pre-fight. So Pettis returned the favor so as to not lose via holding, rather win by it, unlike the Guida fight.

Speaking of the Guida fight, where was he complaining about it? He didn't complain at all. He said there are rules that fight taught him to adjust to, to wit his performance from round 2 on against Stephens. Making a statement he was complaining, as well as your Stephens' fight assessment, shows your blatant bias against Pettis.

Back