Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, because you take it personally and get confrontational and condescending about it. Thats why you're weird. You don't take it well when people disagree with you. Hell, one guy felt like he had to apologize to you for posting his opinion. Its ridiculous.
Well thats the pot calling the kettle black but sure man.

Well thats the pot calling the kettle black but sure man.
I'm very respectful to everyone until they disrespect me. Show me examples of me flying off the handle over someones scorecard. Show me an example of me shit talking posters because they picked a different guy to win a fight than I did.

I'm very respectful to everyone until they disrespect me. Show me examples of me flying off the handle over someones scorecard. Show me an example of me shit talking posters because they picked a different guy to win a fight than I did.
One of us has an entire thread dedicated to us for how much they fly off the handles, but ok.

I picked AJ to win also. Thought hed find that chin.

One of us has an entire thread dedicated to us for how much they fly off the handles, but ok.
That thread proves my point and you know it. I've NEVER done anything like that to anyone in this forum. My offense to these people is not being a big Usyk fan.

I picked AJ to win also. Thought hed find that chin.

So why aren't you getting as much shit for your pick as I am? We made the same pick. You must have thought you saw some issues in Usyk's game as we knew Joshua was't flawless.

That thread proves my point and you know it. I've NEVER done anything like that to anyone in this forum. My offense to these people is not being a big Usyk fan.

So why aren't you getting as much shit for your pick as I am? We made the same pick. You must have thought you saw some issues in Usyk's game as we knew Joshua was't flawless.
Because I havent spent the past several years pretending Usyk sucks?

Because I havent spent the past several years pretending Usyk sucks?
When did I say he sucked? I don't believe I've ever said that. What nonsense.

When did I say he sucked? I don't believe I've ever said that. What nonsense.
What do you call posts like this?
Seriously though, TS is right. Usyk's shitty defense is going to be apparent when he gets in there with the top guys. I honestly can't imagine how he's going to beat guys like Wilder and Fury, being as easy to hit as he is. I suspect he'll be fighting a lot of has beens and b list guys for quite some time.

People seem to think a guy like Evander wasn't rare or something. Fighters don't go up from cruiser and dominate. Evander was an exception.

What do you call posts like this?
I'd call it a criticism of his defense, which I still think is not very good. No different than if I were claiming Floyd Mayweather was a power puncher and someone called me on something obviously not true.

I'd call it a criticism of his defense, which I still think is not very good. No different than if I were claiming Floyd Mayweather was a power puncher and someone called me on something obviously not true.
you keep insisting his defense is shitty, when he got hit far less than any other AJ's opponent. did you also say ruiz would lose the rematch because his defense is so shitty?

usyk got hit with the same percentage of punches thrown at him as floyd did vs pacquiao. if someone repeatedly posted that floyd got hit plenty in the pacman fight and that his defense was shitty, i think you'd have some stern words for them.

you repeatedly make statements with no basis in reality and then claim everyone else is going off the handle because you don't agree with them. trust me, no one cares which fighter you like. people just respond fervently to demonstrable bullshit being posted over and over.

you keep insisting his defense is shitty, when he got hit far less than any other AJ's opponent. did you also say ruiz would lose the rematch because his defense is so shitty?

usyk got hit with the same percentage of punches thrown at him as floyd did vs pacquiao. if someone repeatedly posted that floyd got hit plenty in the pacman fight and that his defense was shitty, i think you'd have some stern words for them.

you repeatedly make statements with no basis in reality and then claim everyone else is going off the handle because you don't agree with them. trust me, no one cares which fighter you like. people just respond fervently to demonstrable bullshit being posted over and over.

Exactly, big difference between criticism and constructive criticism.

There are boxers with records like 0 wins and 24 losses out there...you'll find plenty of them on boxrec. If their defense is shitty, how can the defense of Usyk be shitty as well?
Seano posted stuff like that for years and it caught peoples attention. Basically he got what he wanted.

I think this fight can be over analysed but bottom line is AJ has totally the wrong game plan. He thought he would be able to outbox usyk. He couldn’t. He didn’t use any of his key advantages. Maybe he can adjust for the rematch I wouldn’t put it past him but he will need to go back to how he used to fight pre Ruiz. He should also be asking some serious questions of his team as they were doing nothing for him in the corner or he wasn’t listening.

Everyone knows I am a fan of AJ / whyte but the result shouldn’t be that much of a shock due to how good a boxer usyk is and fact AJ got his tactics wrong played right into his strengths and none of his weaknesses.

I think this fight can be over analysed but bottom line is AJ has totally the wrong game plan. He thought he would be able to outbox usyk. He couldn’t. He didn’t use any of his key advantages. Maybe he can adjust for the rematch I wouldn’t put it past him but he will need to go back to how he used to fight pre Ruiz. He should also be asking some serious questions of his team as they were doing nothing for him in the corner or he wasn’t listening.

Everyone knows I am a fan of AJ / whyte but the result shouldn’t be that much of a shock due to how good a boxer usyk is and fact AJ got his tactics wrong played right into his strengths and none of his weaknesses.
Agree with all that. Usyk was at his absolute best and AJ tactically was about as bad as you can get. There is some hope for AJ but it doesn't help that he won't have much time to make the changes he needs. One thing I think AJ and his team got right was his weight and his conditioning. Those shouldn't change.

Usyk put on a beautiful performance. Boxing really needed that. Shows that skilled smaller guys like Ali and Holmes would still be elite nowadays.

That being said Joshua has no ring iq, i saw that he had success going to the body, won a couple of rounds doing it and even had Usyk on the ropes from a body shot but he just abandoned the tactic... Why ?

Agree with all that. Usyk was at his absolute best and AJ tactically was about as bad as you can get. There is some hope for AJ but it doesn't help that he won't have much time to make the changes he needs. One thing I think AJ and his team got right was his weight and his conditioning. Those shouldn't change.
He looked too small to me, the fight not going his way isnt proof they got it right. Has AJ actually said the gameplan was to outbox Usyk or was he just forced to?

Reactions: JSN
Usyk put on a beautiful performance. Boxing really needed that. Shows that skilled smaller guys like Ali and Holmes would still be elite nowadays.

That being said Joshua has no ring iq, i saw that he had success going to the body, won a couple of rounds doing it and even had Usyk on the ropes from a body shot but he just abandoned the tactic... Why ?
Yeah I wondered that. AJ was asked and he said that Usyk seemed to recover quickly from it. Maybe he felt it exposed him too much. But yeah it was a mistake to not carry on to the body.

He looked too small to me, the fight not going his way isnt proof they got it right. Has AJ actually said the gameplan was to outbox Usyk or was he just forced to?
I think one of AJ's biggest weaknesses is his tendency to gas and even though he came in light he still had 20lbs of solid muscle over Usyk. I haven't heard AJ comment yet on his gameplan, but McCracken in this interview said AJ should have done a lot of things differently, pressuring, closing the gap, double up to body and head. So I think it was on AJ as to how he fought.

I admit I didn't know who Usyk was. I then watched one of his highlights a day before his fight with AJ and I was like oh no this is going to be tough for AJ.

Although I was expecting AJ to win, I wasn't surprised that Usyk won. He moves really well.

I'm a white european but you are a joke for even bringing this BS. Joshua is as classy as they come and that thing with Chambers has been denied from him and even if it happened it was a private message and is none of your business. Stick to the sport debate and don't let negativity ruin your life.

So what if it was private? He still said it. Why shouldn't people bring it up?

So what if it was private? He still said it. Why shouldn't people bring it up?

There wasn't proof that he said it. Maybe it was photoshopped or some admin was writing under his name. He denied it and has been classy in his public outings since forever. Thereby bringing it up is low and tendentious.

Back