Anthony Hopkins Writes to Bryan Cranston

Find one fault with the way he played Walter White. Just one.
I never bought him as a one-armed man, and I wrote to him saying as much over the years.

Bryan_Cranston_Colonel_Bryce_Saving_Private_Ryan_MITMVC_4.jpg

Last edited:
I think Cranston's acting is the single best thing about Breaking Bad by a huge margin, but that's an incredibly weird was to demonstrate brilliance.

You should choose some scenes where he was incredibly good, not challenge people to demonstrate his faults. This isn't a mathematical proof.

(There are a ton of scenes where he's brilliant, it's really easy)

If his performance was flawless, along with being obviously brilliant, then it's perfectly reasonable for people to be in awe of his acting. "People need to ease up on Cranston's acting" was the quote. And it's kind of a stupid thing to say.

If his performance was flawless, along with being obviously brilliant, then it's perfectly reasonable for people to be in awe of his acting. "People need to ease up on Cranston's acting" was the quote. And it's kind of a stupid thing to say.

Someone can turn in an unremarkable performance that is free of error. Flawless implies so much more than "didn't make a mistake".

If you're going to say someone's brilliant, show why he's brilliant with actual examples. It should be easy to do here, just throw a couple of scenes up. YouTube is filled with incredible Cranston Breaking Bad scenes.

Wow. If Cranston beat off while reading that letter no one could blame him.

I don't know what you're into but I could blame him.

Well I think this might inspire me to make it a point to actually watch Breaking Bad

For the record, this is the scene where Breaking Bad hit tier one for me.

I still consider it the biggest "hell yeah" moment in the series, and it's all because of Cranston's intensity.

[YT]jmNU8blUwms[/YT]

the crawl space scene
the ozymandias episode with the phone call to skyler
him crying after he killed crazy 8

too many scenes to chose from. Let's not turn this into the typical sherdog "so and so is overrated".

the crawl space scene

too many scenes to chose from. Let's not turn this into the typical sherdog "so and so is overrated".

I had my family over for Canadian thanksgiving on Sunday. My mother (who is in her seventies) asked me what I'd been up to, and I told her Breaking Bad had just ended. She told me she had heard about it but never seen it, so I showed her several scenes.

I ended with the phone scene, because it was one of the best scenes I've ever seen on television, and she was completely blown away.

I blew through seasons 1-5a in a couple of weeks.
Takes alot of time, but it was time well spent. Just waiting to get 5b soon.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cranston recently, thanked him for the greatest performance in television history. Pretty sure that held more weight, considering I'm a forum mod. - Sir Petey of Jia

the crawl space scene

One of my favorite scenes is actually in Season 1 where he's telling his family why he doesn't want treatment. Powerful stuff.

Back