Anthony Hopkins Writes to Bryan Cranston

Be cool if they could make a movie together.

Mucho awesome.

next time try to post the link alone. the "imdb" portion on the end gives hits to them (if you care about that shit)

Well, that's insanely high praise.

When someone who has played one of the best villains in history tells you're that you're the best, you may as well retire.

How the hell do you top that?

Anyone else read the letter in Hannibal Lecter's voice and cadence as they letter he wrote to Clarice in 'Hannibal'?

If not, I highly recommend it.

Anyone else read the letter in Hannibal Lecter's voice and cadence as they letter he wrote to Clarice in 'Hannibal'?

If not, I highly recommend it.

I read everything in Hannibal Lecter voice.

Yeah, as soon as "great agency" appears as its own sentence, you can't help but hear that voice...

How the hell do you top that?
Not to discount anything Anthony Hopkins actually feels, but he's one of the more affable fellows I've heard of. David Mamet has one of the lowest opinions of acting you'll ever hear out of a person who deals directly with actors. He thinks most of it is bullshit, and that all an actor really needs to do is speak clearly and quickly.

If you ask Anthony Hopkins what he thinks about such a simple approach, Hopkins would say "He's absolutely correct." While I don't disagree with David Mamet, the way he couches "acting" (note quotes) seems contemptuous.

For what it's worth, Hopkins is battling Hollywood cynicism quite well.

I'm very different in that I've never read anything in anybody's voice but my own.

yup, couldn't help but to read it in Lecter voice. I was afraid he was going to invite him to dinner somewhere in the letter.

Okay, sold.
I'm starting it from series 1 now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back