Anthony Hopkins Writes to Bryan Cranston

Not to discount anything Anthony Hopkins actually feels, but he's one of the more affable fellows I've heard of. David Mamet has one of the lowest opinions of acting you'll ever hear out of a person who deals directly with actors. He thinks most of it is bullshit, and that all an actor really needs to do is speak clearly and quickly.

If you ask Anthony Hopkins what he thinks about such a simple approach, Hopkins would say "He's absolutely correct." While I don't disagree with David Mamet, the way he couches "acting" (note quotes) seems contemptuous.

For what it's worth, Hopkins is battling Hollywood cynicism quite well.

Not sure I follow.

If you ask Anthony Hopkins what he thinks about such a simple approach, Hopkins would say "He's absolutely correct." While I don't disagree with David Mamet, the way he couches "acting" (note quotes) seems contemptuous.

Did someone ask Hopkins that and was that his response?

Would've been happier if Daniel Day-Lewis wrote to Todd

^ Matt Damon would make more impression on him, I'd imagine.

I have never seen one episode of Breaking Bad. Might give it a go sometime

Makes a change from all the Nigerian prince emails.

Had no idea he referred to himself as Tony. Speaking of Tony, I just saw Hitchcock and enjoyed it. My only criticism is that I thought he should've got shit on at the end instead of the bird just landing on his shoulder.

Did someone ask Hopkins that and was that his response?
Yeah, but I'm unclear if he was just being nice.

Nice guy, that Tony.

wish youtube had more videos of him doing impersonations. He's done Rocky and the Godfather repeating Hannibal Lecter lines.

Thats pretty cool.......but now I miss Breaking Bad.

I saw this on steven michael quezada's facebook. Cool stuff.

Nice gesture, but people need to ease up on Cranston's acting. He isn't the GOAT.

Sundance Channel is running the first four seasons every Monday night. Two episodes a night. In order.

They don't censor, either.

jnajhf3nYuxmE.png

Find one fault with the way he played Walter White. Just one.

I think Cranston's acting is the single best thing about Breaking Bad by a huge margin, but that's an incredibly weird was to demonstrate brilliance.

You should choose some scenes where he was incredibly good, not challenge people to demonstrate his faults. This isn't a mathematical proof.

(There are a ton of scenes where he's brilliant, it's really easy)

Out of curiosity, how many times did they easter egg his other works? Was it just the Hal one where hes in his underwear in the driveway? or are there others?

Back