• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anthony Bourdain implies Rogan is a bully in bjj, other people confirm.

im a purple belt, and when i roll with white belt beginners especially old folks i roll very easy no pressure no muscling anything. joe rogan has horrible technique this is why he was a brown belt for 8years. he muscles everything. people like that i have no respect for.
Rogan's been training BJJ for over 20 years and he'd been a black belt for like 6

There's no footage of Rogan rolling so we don't know what his technique Is like.

Although, Jean Jacques Machado doesn't hand out black belts unless they're well deserved..based on that, we can only assume Joe Is a legitimate black belt.

Rogan's been training BJJ for over 20 years and he'd been a black belt for like 6

There's no footage of Rogan rolling so we don't know what his technique Is like.

Although, Jean Jacques Machado doesn't hand out black belts unless they're well deserved..based on that, we can only assume Joe Is a legitimate black belt.

Joe got his black belt from Edgie Brah, did he not? Who's to say Edgie wasn't stoned that night.

Jean Jacques Machado doesn't hand out black belts unless they're well deserved..based on that, we can only assume Joe Is a legitimate black belt.

Citation needed on Machado not handing out belts like candy to celebs that help promote his private instruction racket

Joe got his black belt from Edgie Brah, did he not? Who's to say Edgie wasn't stoned that night.
Yes his initial black belt was from Eddie.

but he also got a black belt the next year from Jean Jacques machado In the Gi

He has a black belt from both of them

Citation needed on Machado not handing out belts like candy to celebs that help promote his private instruction racket
If that were the case, you'd think he would've done It far sooner. Not 15 years Into training jiu jitsu as Rogan had been at the time.

Sorry, nothing will convince me that Jean Jacques is the type to hand out black belts. He's old school.

I really doubt that Rogan would be the type to want a belt unless it was fully deserved In every possible way either.

no gi black belt. and even johhny bravo said his bottom game sucked, and he was like a gorilla on top.
oh and btw, i dont have respect for black belts that never competed.

"I'm not rolling with that guy, it hurts. He does not roll light, he goes really really hard. He's a neck cranker, by the way, and he's got bowling balls for arms, no visible neck, and he only rolls with no gi. So as much as I love the guy, I'll do anything with him; shoot animals in the brain, canoe trip, hot tubbing, whatever. But I'm not rolling with the guy."

Redditors' reactions:

"I have heard a few people over the years say that he gorilla fucks when he rolls, almost irrespective of skill level"

"Even Danny Castillo was complaining on how hard Rogan was cranking during their instructional roll."

"The one video I've seen of him rolling shows exactly this. He was rolling with a MySpace troll or something, who clearly had little to no training - and Rogan's FUCKS him up with mostly strength instead of being calmer and more technical about it."

"I've rolled with Rogan before and he definitely goes hard. He wears head gear and a nut cup, both of which will be rubbed into your face. He also loves to go for neck grabs, head pulls into guillotine... also loved the crossface with the forearm both from bottom and on top."

People complaining have never wrestled before.
What's considered a dick move in BJJ is moderate drill work in wrestling.

lol Jesus a bunch of posters in here criticizing Rogan who have no idea what they are talking about.

no gi black belt. and even johhny bravo said his bottom game sucked, and he was like a gorilla on top.
oh and btw, i dont have respect for black belts that never competed.
I'm sure he's losing sleep over what some random ego driven sherdog "purple belt" thinks of him.

humble urself kid

If that were the case, you'd think he would've done It far sooner. Not 15 years Into training jiu jitsu as Rogan had been at the time.

Sorry, nothing will convince me that Jean Jacques is the type to hand out black belts. He's old school.

I really doubt that Rogan would be the type to want a belt unless it was fully deserved In every possible way either.
How is deserving a black belt without ever competing real? You do not deserve a black belt just by rolling around sparring in the gym, as Gödel proved.

How is deserving a black belt without ever competing real? You do not deserve a black belt just by rolling around sparring in the gym, as Gödel proved.
such a thing Is dependant on the skill, ability level and grappling IQ. Deservedness, etc.

Really that's up the the discretion of the Instructor and the circumstance of the student.

Rogan being a long time celebrity and being very well known, I would imagine that played a factor In him never having competed. Similar to other celebrities with blue,purple, brown, black belts. It definitely creates complications and something that should be factored Into the equation.

Had Rogan been an ordinary student, perhaps I might agree

perhaps that's why there are rumours of Rogan going hard In rolling. Competing In the gym. lol

lol Jesus a bunch of posters in here criticizing Rogan who have no idea what they are talking about.
Mostly coming from people that don't actually train themselves either and are probably fat

so extra retarded, lol

Some black belts have pretty violent technique, not everyone uses finesse everytime they roll. Stop being pussies
Ya. And some ppl like hunting for the neck. No big deal. If you don't like it, don't give up your neck.

Back