• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anthony Bourdain implies Rogan is a bully in bjj, other people confirm.

Half this forum this forum thinks Joe Rogan is a demigod? I’ve been here a lot longer than you and that isn’t even close.

The strange thing your string of posts projecting your own insecurities and saying things you can’t verify. That’s fascinating. Or sad.

Uve been here for 27 years and have 16 likes.

"I'm not rolling with that guy, it hurts. He does not roll light, he goes really really hard. He's a neck cranker, by the way, and he's got bowling balls for arms, no visible neck, and he only rolls with no gi. So as much as I love the guy, I'll do anything with him; shoot animals in the brain, canoe trip, hot tubbing, whatever. But I'm not rolling with the guy."

Redditors' reactions:

"I have heard a few people over the years say that he gorilla fucks when he rolls, almost irrespective of skill level"

"Even Danny Castillo was complaining on how hard Rogan was cranking during their instructional roll."

"The one video I've seen of him rolling shows exactly this. He was rolling with a MySpace troll or something, who clearly had little to no training - and Rogan's FUCKS him up with mostly strength instead of being calmer and more technical about it."

"I've rolled with Rogan before and he definitely goes hard. He wears head gear and a nut cup, both of which will be rubbed into your face. He also loves to go for neck grabs, head pulls into guillotine... also loved the crossface with the forearm both from bottom and on top."

damn, that white girl at 0:10 has a nice booty.

I have to ask... Are you a chef?

I'm a chef, and I fight with that shit from time to time too, and have an ongoing battle with depression... It has a very high suicide rate. Something aboyt never seeing your friends and family, working every weekend, being constantly shouted at, and under pressure in a dangerous environment, getting very little sleep, and drinking and doing drugs, as all chefs do - it's a potent cocktail.

The best thing that ever happened to my state of mind was damaging my back so badly I couldn't do 16 hours standing anymore and got into private cooking, and street food...

Hit me up if you want.
no i am not. i work in a very different field now but worked the line for just a few years. hope your current gigs are working out great for you. i always fantasize about stopping what im doing now and trying to build a career in the food industry, but of course theyre just fantasies and my thoughts down play the amount of work and emotional stress it would take to be successful and earn a living. something about that stereotypical cook/chef life seems so appealing, yet is evidently unsustainable for many. Even when I was working the line of a mediocre restaurant, i still enjoyed the work there, the thrill of getting slammed, and the relationships with coworkers.

i hope youve found a happy medium and are able to earn a solid living man while enjoying other aspects of life man.

Sounds douchey. This is what happens when you give manlets the knowledge of these deadly arts. Their little man complexes turn them into the bullies they hated so much when they were little(r).

"Look at me and my gorilla kettlebells, I'll fuck you up, I'm alpha!!!"

Feed him to CM Punk.

of course he's going to seem alpha when compared to 61 yr old former cocaine/heroin addict Anthony Bourdain (RIP) or smaller guys who aren't trying to fight back.

but i think he gets humbled a lot more than people realize. even with all his TRT/HGH he's not that big of a guy. i'm sure there are 6'3 +240lb guys he rolls with that absolutely take his lunch.

i don't mean it as a disrespect, i just mean, that's how jiu jitsu goes. unless he only rolls with retards, there's no way he doesn't get absolutely handled. which is probably why he goes so hard in the first place, because he has to against the guys he usually spars with or he loses.

Is that supposed to be impressive or something? Is that Rogans moment of glory KOing Gregory Davidberg cira YMCA of San Francisco 1993?

Too bad thats as far as his martial arts highlight reel ever went.
Sorry someone didn't follow him around with a 50 lbs camcorder documenting his life in order to receive your approval. How's your HL reel btw? I can assure you guys who trained at the lions den in the 90s that you've never even heard of were far more alpha than guys who "compete" today. Not sure why competition is your be all end all for toughness. Don't be a douche. Rogan would put you in a body bag. Never trained with him, so he could be an asshole, but unless you HAVE trained with him, you're just making assumptions. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Sorry someone didn't follow him around with a 50 lbs camcorder documenting his life in order to receive your approval. How's your HL reel btw? I can assure you guys who trained at the lions den in the 90s that you've never even heard of were far more alpha than guys who "compete" today. Not sure why competition is your be all end all for toughness. Don't be a douche. Rogan would put you in a body bag. Never trained with him, so he could be an asshole, but unless you HAVE trained with him, you're just making assumptions. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

giphy (3).gif

Joe Rogan aint putting noone in no body bag...unless its with a high powered rifle from the safety of his balcony of his 23 million dollar house.

View attachment 390843

Joe Rogan aint putting noone in no body bag...unless its with a high powered rifle from the safety of his balcony of his 23 million dollar house.
Ok, champ...

P.S. If he ain't putting no one in no body bag, then he is putting everyone in all of the body bags. The champ has spoken.

Manny Gamburyan was the same way. Always slapping/neck cranking during rolls and always spazzing with 100% effort.

Some black belts have pretty violent technique, not everyone uses finesse everytime they roll. Stop being pussies

Bourdain was an old, casual blue belt. Rogan is a black belt. Typically, black belts would coach lower belts during rolling and go light since their technique is superior, and strength is not really required. And blue belts are typically too low to pose any threath to a black. I recalled a blue belt calling a black belt out in class for the same shit. Sometime higher belts/stripes have ego when a lower rank gets the best of them and turn it up a notch. But Rogan always go hard, because he is a gym warrior.

Rip Anthony, you will be missed.

Uve been here for 27 years and have 16 likes.
I can tell you're a little young.

Which is fine.

You really shouldn't place that much value on likes though. It's just an immature, shallow and short sighted mentality.

Also..he's been here 13 years. lol

Seek validation from nobody. When what you say / do Is dedicated to seeking validation from others, you're not being real. That ain't the real you. People need to stop doing that shit and just honour themselves.

People will respect you more if that's your mentality.

Last edited:
going a bit rough is good! it makes you less of a pussy . Personally i prefer rolling hard. Wrestling,BJJ whatever. I dont try to hurt anyone,but i dont want anyone holding back on me,and i certainly didnt come in there trying to roll light.Its just my style.

I like to roll with all styles. We had a white belt who rolled really hard and had cardio for days. I enjoyed it. These complaints sound ridiculous. One of them is complaining about Rogan going for the cross face like seriously?

Golden rule, only roll as hard as you want others to roll. At the end of the day it’s a contact sport and it’s about winning or losing. If you can’t handle the heat the get out of the kitchen. Not everyone is gonna be a sportsman so if your gonna get your feelings hurt then go try a sport or activity where the goal isn’t to SUBMIT your opponent.

Dumb. When he is nearly 60 in a few years he will regret it, people will give him the same treatment and he just won't enjoy training anymore.

I like to roll with all styles. We had a white belt who rolled really hard and had cardio for days. I enjoyed it. These complaints sound ridiculous. One of them is complaining about Rogan going for the cross face like seriously?
I chin whip and cross face all day, if you don’t put yourself in those positions in the first place it’s not an option.

im a purple belt, and when i roll with white belt beginners especially old folks i roll very easy no pressure no muscling anything. joe rogan has horrible technique this is why he was a brown belt for 8years. he muscles everything. people like that i have no respect for.

Being a badazz in practice (in training) and being a badazz as a professional in the cage are two entirely different things. Some people dont have the courage to step into a cage in their underwear and fight to the death in front of millions of people.

BIG DIFFERENCE BUD. Call me beta all you want...it doesn't change the fact that Joe Rogan is unusually insecure about never fighting in the cage.

As far as Brendan Schaub is concerned he simply wasnt good enough to make it to the very top. I give Schaub props for trying though.

Thing is if were Joe Rogan i would have no reason to be so insecure. He is more successful than all but a few fighters as far as finances are concerned.

Im just pointing out that for some reason many here seem to believe that Rogan is this closet mini Jon Jones cause he can kick a speed bag hard in the comforts of his multi million dollar office in Beverly Hills.
I don't think you have any clue what you're talking about. You have no clue the people who decided they didn't want to pursue a career In fighting / didn't want to take punches. Again, like I said..Some people are aware that every punch Is a risk towards the full potential of our brains and Intelligence. Which Isn't a risk that everyone wants to take who values their mind, potential and future. It's a matter of priorities, not courage. There are tons of people like this and I've met a few.

You're just talking out of your ass here dude.

Do you even train yourself and are a long time martial artist? What business / place do you have to even be speaking about these things? If you're just a keyboard warrior without much martial arts experience, you should really just stay quiet.

I don't think Rogan Is a god, nobody Is. But, he is a long time martial artist, tons of experience both training and watching fights and he has a ton of wisdom / fight IQ. I think most martial artists would agree. He has excellent kicks and Is a BJJ black belt under both Jean Jacques Machado and Eddie bravo. He may not be a fighter, but he Is very skilled..without a doubt

I wasn't calling you beta. I don't care to do such a thing to anyone. Just throwing out the Idea that anyone using the word manlet Is probably quite a big hypocrite. Which I'm almost certain Is accurate

You just seem like an immature, shallow, confused kid who isn't really thinking before speaking. Maybe I'm wrong but you're way off on all this shit dude.

Back