International Antarctica is melting faster than we thought

What is the Not to distant future. Next week or Next Millennium? People should be warned if their lives are danger.
Depends on how fast it accelerates i guess. Some models have it melting at a rate that would give us about 5ft by the end of the century.

All fun and games until you consider the fact that 70% of the world's population live near coastal areas. That's a lot of displacement and damage caused by rising sea level.

sure, they are simply the ones studying it and analyzing the data using decades of education and experience. what the fuck do they know, let's just let any random asshole take a stab at it.

also, the issue isn't the fact the climate has changed before. we know it has, and acting like scientists have no clue on that is fuckin retarded. the entire point of all this is we have a nice climate now, and with all the people we have on earth, we'd like to keep it that way or we will face some serious problems. also, we don't know exactly what happens during an accelerated climate change, and things are happening far more rapidly than they even anticipated.

so we are taking a gamble on modern society because arrogant non science fucks are taking a political stance on this for the sake of ego or just outright evil motives. sounds fuckin awesome to me, lets go.
It’s changed faster and much worse in the past, if anything maybe we are prolonging the coming of another ice age, which would be far worse.

Word on the street is a indonesia is about to get another giant Sumatra subduction zone quake or possible volcano eruptions.

Also shit is getting serious at the East African rift and a volcano there.

Also western China , Afghanistan , Iran are about to get rocked by a giant tension quake that’s been building up.

You are aware we are talking about trillions of tons of ice right and a complex ecosystem right? Takes a bit longer to melt than the life expectancy of your average idiot white trash American.

Calm down Nancy...

From a new paper by Virginie K. E. Duvat, of the Institut du Littoral et de l'Environnement, University of la Rochelle, France:

A reanalysis of available data, which cover 30 Pacific and Indian Ocean atolls including 709 islands, reveals that no atoll lost land area and that 88.6% of islands were either stable or increased in area, while only 11.4% contracted...

Over the recent past, 29 atolls exhibited a stable land area, while one (South Tarawa, Kiribati) increased in size

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0921818110001013

From a new paper by Virginie K. E. Duvat, of the Institut du Littoral et de l'Environnement, University of la Rochelle, France:

A reanalysis of available data, which cover 30 Pacific and Indian Ocean atolls including 709 islands, reveals that no atoll lost land area and that 88.6% of islands were either stable or increased in area, while only 11.4% contracted...

Over the recent past, 29 atolls exhibited a stable land area, while one (South Tarawa, Kiribati) increased in size

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0921818110001013
It still states the sea levels are rising.

A lot of the land gained was from shifting sentiments.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...nation-expected-to-sink-is-getting-bigger/amp

Read the whole thing instead of trying to play gotchya games by cherry picking what you believe

Soooo, I’m pretty sure the reason the ice age ended due to global warming.... I mean the day the earth began thawing had nothing to do with humans. Its very possible that this is completely normal

Yeah I tried really hard but realized we are fucked.

It will take some next level shit to change it and Al Gore was probably our last chance. If he wasn't so damn busy inventing the internet and instead focused on rigging elections we might be able to avoid this big mess.

At this point it would take Oprah Winfrey becoming president to change it.

#OPRAH2020 #OPRAH4PRESIDENT #OPRAH4PRESIDENT2020

Why can't someone like make a giant satellite umbrella to block the sun in an area for a while until it gets cold?

@no fat chicks shit is fucked dude we would need a going to the moon level program/Nato level involvement to create nuclear fusion plants and create fale safe inexpesive nuclear fision plants on a massive scale.

Sweet, I long for the good old days when Antarctica were similar to New Zealand (forested and warmer).

I never believe anything when it says something like this; "In this century, a 10-foot rise is possible." Either your model is actually predictive of what is going to happen, or it isn't. Of course their only solution is to stop burning fossil fuels....good luck with that.
Murrica

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back