• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Reason to Hate Millennials - Rated Worst Tippers

Well not really if theyre relying on you to make more..
Why does it not work to raise the price of goods to accommodate the costs associated with service? I just want to know why this can't be done.

“Stealing from the server..”

Oh boy, this made my smile irl.
How is it not? Server has to tip the bar and any expos or runners they might have. If you dont tip they still have to pay that money

Why does it not work to raise the price of goods to accommodate the costs associated with service? I just want to know why this can't be done.
It already exists. Youve got counter service places and fast food.

You want your ass kissed and everything brought to you on your command it should cost a little more... Agreed?

Increasing cost of the service to cover the rise in wage though is the same thing in a way isn't it?

This is just a Devil's Advocate response.

It is! And that's perfectly fine! And here is why - it takes variability out of the pay equation - the server doesn't have to rely on my benevolence! They get paid, I don't have to worry about tipping! Yes, I pay more, but that's the opportunity cost I'm willing to accept to attain the goals of 1) not having to deal with tipping and b) knowing that the server has stable pay! Yay!

Last edited:
It already exists. Youve got counter service places and fast food.

You want your ass kissed and everything brought to you on your command it should cost a little more... Agreed?
You're actually arguing my point for me. Why not just factor the cost of that service into the price like they do at said counter-service locations? Instead of a $15 meal, charge $20 and end the need for tipping?

It's just a couple dollars man. Dont be so cheap.

Also, I got these cheeseburgas man

Hahahahahaha!!!! OMG, This is classic. Millennials are great!

Where else is the money coming from?

This is better than people who think money doled by the Government is "Free Money".

I see I have to account for lower IQs in here - I'm ok with paying more through the bill of food as long as it means not having to think about tipping and as long as it means that servers get more stable - as in non-reliant on my benevolence - pay through. I understand that it's a zero-sum game, you plum, I just choose the more altruistic form of expense division, one where the coward in charge doesn't pass the responsibility to me to pay his workers.

Dumbass.

You're actually arguing my point for me. Why not just factor the cost of that service into the price like they do at said counter-service locations? Instead of a $15 meal, charge $20 and end the need for tipping?
nobody wants it. Waiters dont, restaurants dont, costomers dont. The tip in theory is still optional, the extra $5 on a meal isnt.

You might think this is what you want.. But your wrong. Youd be pissed when it took 30 minutes to get your drink because they only have 2 waiters on and the place gets busy out of nowhere. And you will pay more

Its just the way the world works. Places keep extra staff on hand so that if it does get busy everyone is happy and served. Theres a very high standard for service here and its because of the tip.

It is! And that's perfectly fine! And here is why - it takes variability out of the pay equation - the server doesn't have to rely on my benevolence! They get paid, I don't have to worry about tipping! Yes, I pay more, but that's the opportunity cost I'm willing to accept to attain the goals of 1) not having to deal with tipping and b) knowing that the server has stable pay! Yay!
Admittedly this is selfish but the thing I like about tips is I get to walk out that night with the money.

We live in a society where you really can't trust anyone but yourself. It's a damn shame, but that's the way it is.

Doesn’t have to be that way. It isn’t a law of nature that societies have to shaped to reflect the worst in all of us.

I see I have to account for lower IQs in here - I'm ok with paying more through the bill of food as long as it means not having to think about tipping and as long as it means that servers get more stable - as in non-reliant on my benevolence - pay through. I understand that it's a zero-sum game, you plum, I just choose the more altruistic form of expense division, one where the coward in charge doesn't pass the responsibility to me to pay his workers.

Dumbass.

Soo... Why does it matter if you're paying the server directly or running the money through the restaurant first? If the restaurant starts having to cover everything, it'll definitely be more than 20%.

And if the service is shitty and you have a horrible experience because the server was awful? You're ok with paying 20% extra (or more) on the restaurant bill regardless?

Just so we're straight on this. Because it really makes no fucking sense.

nobody wants it. Waiters dont, restaurants dont, costomers dont. The tip in theory is still optional, the extra $5 on a meal isnt.

You might think this is what you want.. But your wrong. Youd be pissed when it took 30 minutes to get your drink because they only have 2 waiters on and the place gets busy out of nowhere. And you will pay more

Its just the way the world works. Places keep extra staff on hand so that if it does get busy everyone is happy and served. Theres a very high standard for service here and its because of the tip.
It would appear central to your argument that the tip isn't really optional, no? If it truly were, then it wouldn't harm wait staff when they didn't get one.

That's not true. I've eaten out in Europe. They don't tip there, and the cost is factored into the meal and through other charges. In Italy, they charge you to have a white tablecloth (which are on all their tables at nice restaurants), you are charged for restrooms, for water, and other things that we might view as complimentary here in the States. I wouldn't mind if they just charged more for the food and called it a day.

Your logic appears to be circular. If you eat out, then tip. If you don't tip, you're taking money away from the wait staff. The tip is how we keep costs down, but it's not really how we keep costs down because it's not really optional.

I tip because those are social norms, but they aren't very good norms. It's an inherently flawed process that leads to people getting stiffed out of a few bucks arbitrarily (some people are cheap, regardless of quality of the service), and it relies on the customer to determine the real cost of the good versus the advertised cost of the good.

Soo... Why does it matter if you're paying the server directly or running the money through the restaurant first? If the restaurant starts having to cover everything, it'll definitely be more than 20%.

And if the service is shitty and you have a horrible experience because the server was awful? You're ok with paying 20% extra (or more) on the restaurant bill regardless?

Just so we're straight on this. Because it really makes no fucking sense.

These tipping threads have been going on forever in here. What's funny is that morons didn't think the average restaurant would raise prices 20% or more back then. Well now there are a ton of restaurants that abolished tipping, and guess what, it's 20% or more increase.

Now the new thing to do is say "I don't care if I pay more, I just like it better without tipping". It's one of the strangest arguments. You'd rather pay 20% or more even with bad service? It's similar to the idiots who prefer tax refunds because they prefer the government to save their money for them rather than handling it themselves.

Doesn’t have to be that way. It isn’t a law of nature that societies have to shaped to reflect the worst in all of us.
Are they shaped in a way that reflects the worst in all of us? Or does the worst in all of us shine through, regardless of how society is shaped?

Millenials can't cook which doesn't help either. Millenials are garbage, but to be fair, their parents are to blame. How do you have a daughter and not teach her how to fucking cook? It's such a vital life skill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back