• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Another police shooting in Atlanta.

Holy shit the cops are being charged?!?! America is officially fucked. All cops should just quit and let all these fucking retards fend for themselves. Can’t even do your job anymore without twitter police telling you how to do it correctly.

An I’m all for that cop who killed Floyd going to prison. That dude is a pos. But this case is literally nothing like the Floyd case.

I think a jury may ultimately acquit here but it does set a pretty insane standard. Make split second life or death decisions, in the middle of high stress situations including physical fights involving weapons and oh by the way if you make the wrong decision you may be sentenced to death afterwards.

<escalate99>
All for mediocre pay. Is it worth it?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rayshard...t-rolfe-murder-charges-death-penalty-eligible

Yep.

"Rolfe will face at least 11 charges, Howard announced -- including felony murder and aggravated assault. The charges include counts in connection with a stray bullet that struck a bystander’s occupied vehicle."

This is in-fucking-sane.

The DA said the perp's taser that he stole off the officer had been shot twice and the shooting officer knew this.

Wow.

Fucking wow.

This asshole has never been in a life-and-death situation in his entire life. He expects the officer to have kept count of the amount of times the taser had been shot when the perp was pointing it at his partner?

Wow.

Its already controversial the shooting officer had been fired, and now he's been charged with murder.

This is disgusting.

I'll tell everyone how this is going to go - A shitload of media attention will be around the trial with slanted coverage that the officer is guilty, then a *shocking* Not-Guilty verdict will spawn further riots, as planned.

We just talked about it in briefing. Honestly at this point why fight someone at all. Any resistance, let them flee. They flee let them go.

Officers should not be doing anything proactive right now. Drive slow to your calls, take the report, go sit.

Thats how its been since 2015 in Baltimore. Homicides are up 60% since Freddie Gray. The police just don't bother doing their jobs. If you call to report a shooting, they'll just roll by like 40 minutes later, check to see if there are any bodies, and just note the location on a form before leaving.

that is pretty insane. so he faces worce charges than Chauvin? If he gets acquitted, back to the riots we will go.

on a side note. the cops did this to themselves. they have treated the communities they work in as enemies for years. they have god complexes and treat people like shit. what we are getting here now is an overcorrection

So we can beat up cops, steal their tasers and try to shoot them now?
The D.A. said they didn't administer aid. He then said the officer who shot the man in the back then proceeded to kick him as he was dying. The other officer apparently stood on him as well.

That's absolutely insane. That shoot was completely fair.
The D.A. disagrees.

You can say Pluto is a planet even if scientists disagree, Jerry Smith.

I'm all for cops being charged when they do something wrong. I think the Supreme Court created 'qualified immunity' is a big problem.

That said, I think it will be hard to secure convictions in this case, because the facts as currently reported seem to favor the officers. Perhaps the DA is looking at something we aren't, and that obviously can be a game changer. But the facts as we currently are hearing them don't support murder charges imo.

This is in-fucking-sane.

The DA said the perp's taser that he stole off the officer had been shot twice and the shooting officer knew this.

Wow.

Fucking wow.

This asshole has never been in a life-and-death situation in his entire life. He expects the officer to have kept count of the amount of times the taser had been shot when the perp was pointing it at his partner?

Wow.

Its already controversial the shooting officer had been fired, and now he's been charged with murder.

This is disgusting.

I'll tell everyone how this is going to go - A shitload of media attention will be around the trial with slanted coverage that the officer is guilty, then a *shocking* Not-Guilty verdict will spawn further riots, as planned.

If they never would have charged him and footage of him kicking the guy got released there would have been bigger problems.
Dude would've been fine had he not went trophy hunting with thay kick

If they would have let him go he may have harmed innocent people. He is a violent person with no respect for the law.
And here's the problem I see in all of this.

The guy hit a cop and fired a tazer at a cop......Perhaps he wouldn't have purposelessly killed an innocent person out of malice but it can totally happened in the heat of the moment........So lets say if the cops do let em go and the dude accidentally kills an innocent person...Are the cops responsible? Is it just a tough shit moment?

Maybe letting suspects go will be the best option for everybody involved, even the public in the grand scheme of things but when those suspects do kill innocent people because cops let em go, people will be pissed and it could lead to more problems.

So the cop was in fear for his life while chasing someone who has a weapon that’s no good at distances of what, ten feet? Why not stop pursuing so you and your can of a partner get an opportunity to catch your breath and call for backup? Cans can’t even handle a drunk who just woke up from a power nap. Jail this pig.

Interesting info from the DA here about what took place after the shooting. I now say the officers should be fired.

The questions I'd ask is the 2+ minutes they didn't administer medical aid, the kick, and standing on his shoulder really contribute to his death?

Rayshard didn't die at the scene, he died a long time after it in a hospital after surgery. I'd like to know exactly what he died of, where he was shot three times, and the amount of time between the shooting and his death to gauge if that 2+ minutes he didn't receive medical attention would have been relevant in preventing his eventual death.

Back