Social Ann Coulter EVISCERATES Trump on Twitter.

Do you see your mistake now? You erroneously claimed "Literally also means figuratively, bro." Literally doesn't mean figuratively. The word 'literal' can be used in figurative statement to emphasize something that is not literally true.

The two words are not synonyms. You can use any word figuratively. It doesn't make those words synonyms with the word "figurative."

You're not speaking from authority on this matter. I am. My major was linguistics. What was yours?
I don't care what your major was, go argue it with Merriam-Webster.

"in effect, virtually" is how the word is defined. The example is literally being used as the word is defined.

I don't care what your major was, go argue it with Merriam-Webster.

"in effect, virtually" is how the word is defined. The example is literally being used as the word is defined.
No, it isn't. The word is defined as taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory.

What you cited is an example of "literally" being used in a figurative sense. Nowhere in your definition or any definition on Earth is 'literal' defined as a synonym of 'figurative.'

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literal

No, it isn't. The word is defined as taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory.

What you cited is an example of "literally" being used in a figurative sense. Nowhere in your definition or any definition on Earth is 'literal' defined as a synonym of 'figurative.'

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literal
"will literally turn the world upside down"
"will figuratively turn the world upside down"

Is the meaning of the two sentences different?

If not, then literally can mean figuratively like I said, and it also means Kong's usage was correct.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/misuse-of-literally

"will literally turn the world upside down"
"will figuratively turn the world upside down"

Is the meaning of the two sentences different?

Yes. The first one is literally untrue and impossible.

If not, then literally can mean figuratively like I said, and it also means Kong's usage was correct.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/misuse-of-literally

Wrong. Literally does not mean figuratively. Literally can be used in a figurative sense, just like any other word in the English language. Just because you can use a word figuratively doesn't mean the two words are synonyms.

Let's just assume Kong really meant to say Trump figuratively asked people to drink bleach and inject Lysol. That means Trump didn't actually say that, correct?

What would the point of such a statement be? "Trump is such an idiot. He never asked people to drink bleach or inject Lysol. What a dope, lulz." It doesn't make any fucking sense. As big a dope as Kong is, he's not that stupid. You're the only one trying to make that ridiculous argument.

Last edited:
Does she really have 11 NYT best sellers? WTF?
Everybody has a "best seller". Sources:
https://tim.blog/2012/08/17/amazon-monthly-100/
The New York Times
At the top of the heap of all the lists, of course, are the publishing industry standards: The New York Times Bestseller lists. Yes, “lists.” There are a lot of NYT lists: in fact, now 20 weekly and 3 monthly lists.

Behind the Scam: What Does It Take to Be a ‘Best-Selling Author’? $3 and 5 Minutes.

It's the least prestigious thing you can have at this point. Reminder that like 99% of released books are "NYT best sellers" in their respective categories. Not a feat. She's also a horrendously ugly mentally ill post-wall beanpole.

She's makes money of off saying crazy outrageous shit and she's obviously very good at it as people still give her attention, buy her books and we're talking about her on a karate forum.

Yes. The first one is literally untrue and impossible.

Wrong. Literally does not mean figuratively. Literally can be used in a figurative sense, just like any other word in the English language. Just because you can use a word figuratively doesn't mean the two words are synonyms.

Let's just assume Kong really meant to say Trump figuratively asked people to drink bleach and inject Lysol. That means Trump didn't actually say that, correct?

What would the point of such a statement be? "Trump is such an idiot. He never asked people to drink bleach or inject Lysol. What a dope, lulz." It doesn't make any fucking sense. As big a dope as Kong is, he's not that stupid. You're the only one trying to make that ridiculous argument.

Actually it is possible to "will literally turn the world upside down". I guess you dont know how chaotic and unpredictable this universe is. It wont be as easy as a person moving upside down but it is scientifically possible.

Actually it is possible to "will literally turn the world upside down". I guess you dont know how chaotic and unpredictable this universe is. It wont be as easy as a person moving upside down but it is scientifically possible.

You don’t even know what the subject of the sentence is. How can you make a definitive claim when you have no clue what the subject is?

Well, the wall has barely been built (and will never fully be) and there are still millions of illegals in the country. Also, white people will be in the minority in about twenty five years and Christianity is rapidly declining as well. So, in many ways of the cultural right, Trump has been an abject failure.

You don’t even know what the subject of the sentence is. How can you make a definitive claim when you have no clue what the subject is?

Seems like the subject is turning the world upside down which is possible. Want me to quote what the guy said again?

Yeah... I'll go ahead and say your dad who unless has a massive twitter tollowing and infringed their terms of agreement and got banned for a collection of reasons or that he used his account so infrequently before this the algorithm determined he was a bot
Nah, he has a habit of getting himself banned from every social media app. His current goal is to become Tik Tok famous and he's been temporarily banned a few times already there, only a matter of time he gets the permanent ban hammer. He's like the crazy uncle who comes to Christmas dinner shitfaced without pants on, only he was never at our home for Christmas, or any other day really, still shitfaced and pantsless though...

Seems like the subject is turning the world upside down which is possible. Want me to quote what the guy said again?

Your grammar is terrible. Turn is the verb, the world is the object. The sentence has no subject. The subject would be the person or thing doing the action (turning the world upside down.)

The sentence literally has no subject, rendering the sentence (and your ignorant claim) literally impossible.

...why are like 20% of sherdog threads (war room, ufc, worldwide mma, arcade...) about a tweet?

Nah, he has a habit of getting himself banned from every social media app. His current goal is to become Tik Tok famous and he's been temporarily banned a few times already there, only a matter of time he gets the permanent ban hammer. He's like the crazy uncle who comes to Christmas dinner shitfaced without pants on, only he was never at our home for Christmas, or any other day really, still shitfaced and pantsless though...
lol, good god.

Your grammar is terrible. Turn is the verb, the world is the object. The sentence has no subject. The subject would be the person or thing doing the action (turning the world upside down.)

The sentence literally has no subject, rendering the sentence (and your ignorant claim) literally impossible.

Alright then so the subject and and object is world, happy? Also like I said it is literally possible for the world to turn upside down.

Back