• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ank last fights not aging well

OP shook that Pereira will have to face Ankalaev and not his preferred option of middleweight Robert Whittaker:

andre-the-giant-funny.gif

For the longest time LHW was where it was at in MMA along with WW but LHW just seems to be recovering from the vacuum that jones left.

The UFC doesnt like Ankalaev and they know he is really good, so they feed him the guys they can afford to have lose, so they can pass him up and throw a diff contender a title shot.

They did that to Jon Fitch after he lost to GSP.

These "not aging well" threads STINK.

"oh that thing you did, well we dont like it anymore"

Call me crazy but I would like to see Jan vs Alex 2. It was a close first fight and Jan gassed horribly partly because of elevation.
And Alex was a bit gunshy after the KO from Izzy.
I would like to see it ran again but after Jan gets one more solid won after he comes back.

Old lion Smith

Crystal glass Walker

Ended up limping vs 40+ yo Jan

Does he really deserve the TS?
Yes, Uncle Iev deserves it. However, for Poatan's legacy, I'd rather see him fight for the HW title though.

Old lion Smith

Crystal glass Walker

Ended up limping vs 40+ yo Jan

Does he really deserve the TS?
If Poatan doesn't fight Ankalaev next, it will be a terrible stain on his legacy. So far his career has been carefully managed and guided by the UFC up to this point to put him in position to win titles.....if he ducks the legit #1 contender it will smell too much like a set up.

It is since Poatan left it that way!
He has been running through names like a monster. His entire MMA career right now has more than half of his wins over UFC champs.

Since Jones left (and Glover retired) there's been only 4 title-involved fighters with none of them having directly beaten the others. Alex has now beaten 3 of them (one of them twice) and OP thinks he shouldn't fight the 4th...

If Poatan doesn't fight Ankalaev next, it will be a terrible stain on his legacy. So far his career has been carefully managed and guided by the UFC up to this point to put him in position to win titles.....if he ducks the legit #1 contender it will smell too much like a set up.
not fighting the world beater whose best wins are johnny fucking walker (1-0-1 actually) and a shot anthony smith is a terrible stain in his legacy? A terrible stain in the legacy of the guy who would fight tom fucking aspinall or jon fucking jones?

(fucking) lol

Poatan - Ank SHOULD happen but let's not get crazy here.

Back