Prem Euro 2024 Thread v1: Quarter Finals Edition

Would be mental to play Shaw.

Don’t think he’s ever played wing back, not to mention barely playing all year.

Don’t even think Trent has ever played as wing back either. Easy to say he basically plays that for Pool, but that is pretty dumb.

Both are at their best when they have a winger/outside forward in front of them (Rashford/Salah respectively). If they’re you’re sole options for width, you’re gonna struggle.
Maybe this somehow works but as you said Shaw and Trent have not played as a wingback before (or Saka if he is the left wingback). Crazy to do against a team that plays with 3 at the back and is way more used to it.
Idk going with 0-1 Swiss win if The Gareth goes with this tactic. Winning goal by Embolo Swiss nr 9, assist from one of Switzerland players from wide position on 2-2 or 3-3 attack.

Maybe this somehow works but as you said Shaw and Trent have not played as a wingback before (or Saka if he is the left wingback). Crazy to do against a team that plays with 3 at the back and is way more used to it.
Idk going with 0-1 Swiss win if The Gareth goes with this tactic. Winning goal by Embolo Swiss nr 9, assist from one of Switzerland players from wide position on 2-2 or 3-3 attack.

Yeah, it’s like when players pick an all time XI and go something like

Neuer
Cafu Beckenbauer Maldini
Ronaldo Zidane Maradona Cruyff
Messi van Basten Pele

Yeah, Aston Villa would destroy that team.

Maybe the talent of England will be enough, but the smart money is on the organization of the Swiss.

Maybe England can pull it off once, but unless they can catch lightning in a bottle, highly unlikely they can do it 3x in a row.

That said, Slovakia, Switzerland, Holland/Turkey I’d yet another laughable run for England to make a final.

[Martin Ziegler] 3 Girona board members have stepped down so themselves & Manchester City can play in the Champions League next season, replaced by solicitors from a Cheltenham-based law firm. City Football Group will also reduce its 47% shareholding to under 30%, putting shares into a “blind trust”.

116?

They literally gave Pep’s brother a la Liga club.

£25k fine incoming.

Yeah, it’s like when players pick an all time XI and go something like

Neuer
Cafu Beckenbauer Maldini
Ronaldo Zidane Maradona Cruyff
Messi van Basten Pele

Yeah, Aston Villa would destroy that team.

Maybe the talent of England will be enough, but the smart money is on the organization of the Swiss.

Maybe England can pull it off once, but unless they can catch lightning in a bottle, highly unlikely they can do it 3x in a row.

That said, Slovakia, Switzerland, Holland/Turkey I’d yet another laughable run for England to make a final.
If you told me before the tournament that England faces Switzerland at this stage, probably would have bet on England 2-0 but now should not bet on it, apart from maybe 8 yellows and 16 cornerkicks.

@ManU Crew

Interesting... and good moves imo (seriously!)

ETH getting an extension was inevitable. Only contracted until 2026. So he’ll still get the boot with another disappointing season/ no CL.

Seem to have brought in about 31 new suits in the last few months.

Director of Football
Director in charge of Football
Footballing Director
Director in charge of Footballing Direction
Director of Footballing direction
Footballing director in charge of footballing direction

Etc etc

Pretty sure this Vivell guy was being mentioned back when Ralf Rangnick was calling for changes at United.

Interesting. I mostly knew his name from working at Salzburg and Leipzig who are always spot on with the scouting so that might be a good sign for you guys and that's got to be the connection to Rangnick then.

@Possum Jenkins @helax
MorataMartinez Special parlay:
Morata over 0.5 shots on target, Martinez over 0.5 shots on target, Martinez to score or give an assist, Nico Williams to score or give an assist, Argentina over 0.5 goals
+1277

Not bad. All look plausible except Williams scoring or assisting. He's been a terror down the left but he seems to not show up in stats that much.

Then again, I'm not great at individual predictions. My degenerate gambler abilities start and end with team results.

Not bad. All look plausible except Williams scoring or assisting. He's been a terror down the left but he seems to not show up in stats that much.

Then again, I'm not great at individual predictions. My degenerate gambler abilities start and end with team results.
Williams is going against Kimmich who while is a great player, struggles as a fullback. So i reckon Williams is able to go past him atlest twice and either score himself or give a tap in assist to someone, hopefully Morata.

Back