Television Anime and Manga v41

I think Sendo just KTFO Gonzales.

And Gundam Spiegel has entered the battle. That’s right Domon and Schwarz Bruder will stop the Devil Gundam.

A1044842-22-A8-4189-8-E5-F-393975-CFEE2-B.jpg

6-FF05-F6-D-20-BB-407-F-96-F3-B03500-DE4-DC9.jpg

5d8a049c3884de59ee7e75ec1280033f.jpg

Bump. Hope everyone's doing well during this whole ongoing health crisis. Have any of been able to catch up or finish some anime during the lock down? I just finished both seasons of One Punch Man and Dorohedoro. Both were excellent, but I definitely see some of the gripes people had with season 2 of OPM and the animation quality being brought down. Still enjoyed it though, especially some of the new characters introduced. Dorohedoro was awesome. Props to Netflix for a great adaption, even if the animation and style wasn't my favorite, I eventually got used to it by the third episode and wasn't bothered by it from there on out.

Dunno if anybody else was reading Ao no Orchestra (seems like it would have been something some of you would have enjoyed), but god-damn did it just jump the shark. I couldn't even finish the chapter before dumping it in disgust.
The MC and his main rival turned out to be bothers because the father was a cheating POS.
That is some day-time soap opera bullshit, and it was dropped in there without any foreshadowing or buildup. Such garbage writing.

Sendo Just Shocked the World. Throws the story into Chaos , Alf was the clear No. Contender , Sendo beating him in Mexico sends Shockwaves but also Sendo still has the Blemish of his only 2 Lossses being to Ippo , Hopefully this forces Ippo back to the Ring , he hasn't fought in over 2 years real world time

Sendo Just Shocked the World. Throws the story into Chaos , Alf was the clear No. Contender , Sendo beating him in Mexico sends Shockwaves but also Sendo still has the Blemish of his only 2 Lossses being to Ippo , Hopefully this forces Ippo back to the Ring , he hasn't fought in over 2 years real world time
He could still get up...You know this is the Ippo verse. Dudes get up from living death. Yeah I know the chapter says WINNER.

Sendo literally blocked punches with his face and Gonzales got hit clean only a couple of times. Weird fight. Sendo’s right hand is also destroyed.

@heavyarms21 Looks like Sendo indeed won and retired Gonzales. Next up is Ricardo vs the no. 1 contender. Maybe it’s Woli? I really hope not...

Looking for suggestions for series, anime or manga

I'm looking for anything that plays with the tropes of whatever genre they're part (even if its not full deconstruction)

I'm thinking of things like HXH, Re:Zero, Madoka Magica, One Punch etc

I'm looking for anything that plays with the tropes of whatever genre they're part (even if its not full deconstruction)

Fire Force is as shonen af.
Haikyuu best sports anime. Don't read the manga.
Made in Abyss is clawing at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for my goat anime series.

Fire Force is as shonen af.
Haikyuu best sports anime. Don't read the manga.
Made in Abyss is clawing at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for my goat anime series.
I gotta watch Fire Force, I watched two episodes when it came out but if I can't binge an anime straight through I tend to lose interest

gonna give it another shot
Haikyuu is pretty amazing I think, I agree
and I have to watch Made in Abyss again, I've seen it once - but its got that Miyazaki/Studio Ghibili serene style of production coupled with a surprisingly dark tone, its up there in my tops as well

I only started watching Anime again this year because my Girlfriend watches it so far I've finished (All seasons out so far)
Kengan Ashura - my choice not hers
Akame Ga Kill
Assassination Classroom
My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
Kill La Kill
One Punch man

and I have like 30 episodes left of Fairy Tail.

Does anyone have any other Anime to recommend? I watch in Japanese or English so subtitled is fine.

I gotta watch Fire Force, I watched two episodes when it came out but if I can't binge an anime straight through I tend to lose interest

gonna give it another shot
Haikyuu is pretty amazing I think, I agree
and I have to watch Made in Abyss again, I've seen it once - but its got that Miyazaki/Studio Ghibili serene style of production coupled with a surprisingly dark tone, its up there in my tops as well
Fire Force was average for me. I just watch it to waste time. Second season kicks in and it was so much better.

BugCat Capoo is one off the top of my head. It's more of a comic strip, but it's really cutesy and wholesome looking, but it's humor can be surprisingly dark.
Dorohedoro is really dark and gritty in its artwork at a lot of its setting/subject but it is also chock full of absurd humor.

I only started watching Anime again this year because my Girlfriend watches it so far I've finished (All seasons out so far)
Kengan Ashura - my choice not hers
Akame Ga Kill
Assassination Classroom
My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
Kill La Kill
One Punch man

and I have like 30 episodes left of Fairy Tail.

Does anyone have any other Anime to recommend? I watch in Japanese or English so subtitled is fine.
Mob Psycho 100
One Piece
Samurai Champloo
Hajime No Ippo
Zetman
Parasyte The Maxim

Mob Psycho 100
One Piece
Samurai Champloo
Hajime No Ippo
Zetman
Parasyte The Maxim

I've seen how many episodes One Piece has. I don't have enough time left in my life to finish that lol

I've seen how many episodes One Piece has. I don't have enough time left in my life to finish that lol
It’s quite the ride. The other series are not as long if you’re interested.

Some good shorter anime based on your list would be

Gurren Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic
Black Lagoon
Baki (netflix)

Some good shorter anime based on your list would be

Gurren Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic
Black Lagoon
Baki (netflix)

Baki - Couldn't get into it. Like I really wanted to like it.
Cowboy Bebop - I've seen over the years I don't mind it and should start from ep 1
Black Lagoon - Idk I like it but it just doesn't grip me after a season or two

I'll give the others a go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back