Anik / Florian don't have good chemistry

Seriously, those two are terrible. What about that Jason Chambers guy? He wasn't too bad. Cliche perhaps, but Kenny and Anik are like old people fu@&ing, slow and ugly.

well thanks.... I guess :)

I thought I was watching a golf tournament instead of an actual mma card. I find both of these announcers very dry and seriously lacking any real invested interest in how the fights turn out. While Florian is knowledgeable his lack of passion along with Aniks monotone play by play is driving me nuts.

This just points out how crucial it is to have explosive commentators who have a passion for mma, and take apart every fight to convey it to the spectators in as lively a fashion as possible.

Sigh, I want my Goldie back...stutters and all..

i think you're hitting a good point - goldie is tight - yea he makes errors and if you want to be a grammar nazi type, then thats you - but the passion that comes with an honest, real guy who isnt so focused on being proper and not giving an excuse to hate him trumps guys like anik - yea hate him and make big threads on a few mistakes that he makes live during an MMA broadcast - still, he brings something that people dont get

I don't mind Anik, but I agree that he and Florian are the worst combination imaginable. Neither if them have much in the way of personality, and combining their forces leaves us with Florian tellin Jon about how good his acoustic version of The Cranberries' 'Zombie' is... We don't care.

Either get a contrasting third party in there or swap one of them out.

The problem is that their personalities are too similar. Maybe make it a 3 man team and throw in a fighter like, Chael or Mir.

I like this idea. Both Chael and Mir would be awesome additions to the broadcast team.

i think you're hitting a good point - goldie is tight - yea he makes errors and if you want to be a grammar nazi type, then thats you - but the passion that comes with an honest, real guy who isnt so focused on being proper and not giving an excuse to hate him trumps guys like anik - yea hate him and make big threads on a few mistakes that he makes live during an MMA broadcast - still, he brings something that people dont get

Agreed. Goldberg is one of those guys you just can't replace. He has an awesome personality and if one thing's for certain, it's that he'll be sorely missed when he's gone.

You guys are wrong.

There's a subtle dynamic between Anik and Florian that I'm loving. Florian is the guy who knows the technical stuff and likes to joke, slightly mock Anik. Anik is the self deprecating straight man.

I agree with the TS. Anik and Florian are so robotic sounding. No genuine energy from them. Seems all contrived.

Back