Andy Ruiz Jr shows off drastic body transformation 10.31.2019

Every fighter has their Kryptonite.... Barrera had Junior Jones, Mosley had Forrest, Forrest had Mayorga etc.... Ruiz could be that guy for Joshua.
I am still wtf on that to this day.

Pic was taken right after a sparring session so Ruiz sweated out a fair amount of water weight but yeah he looks noticeably slimmer.

Planning to chase Joshua all night long i assume.

What is funny is he got stuck with the label of Butterbean after winning the belts from
Anthony Joshua but he doesn't look like said fighter no more because he looks like he
has lost 20 pounds or close to it.

Wonder if he will lose his Snickers contract and end up with a bite sized Milky Way contract.

His career-low weight as a professional was 246 lbs.
He was 268 lbs against Joshua.
I'm thinking Joshua will be more cautious in this fight, I could see him utilizing his reach advantage and fighting at the end of his jab like he did against Parker.

I'm thinking Joshua will be more cautious in this fight, I could see him utilizing his reach advantage and fighting at the end of his jab like he did against Parker.

No doubt that's going to be the gameplan. The question is how he executes it. With Parker it was easier to implement such a style because Parker is not a pressure fighter himself. On the other hand Joshua has been in discomfort against both Takam and Povetkin when these guys started to press a little bit. Even against Klitschko he looked pretty bad in the rounds he was forced to fight off the back foot. His worst performances as an amateur are against Nistor and Majidov that fight in a similar way Ruiz does. I'm thinking Ruiz is just a terrible match up for Joshua and that the New York upset will simply be repeated in Saudi Arabia this time.

That's insane, he looks black in the picture on the right

If he's lost a lot of weight I give him no chance at beating AJ

Honestly, I think that picture is an embarrassing indictment on the division.

For there to be only 3 HWs out there who actually have a six pack or look like they actually do any situps hurts the credibility of the division.

In other divisions, if you had flabby looking fighters like that they'd get dismissed.

What is funny is he got stuck with the label of Butterbean after winning the belts from
Anthony Joshua but he doesn't look like said fighter no more because he looks like he
has lost 20 pounds or close to it.
Anybody comparing Ruiz to butterbean is a complete knob. Ruiz can actually box, butterbean just had a dangerous punch.

Anybody comparing Ruiz to butterbean is a complete knob. Ruiz can actually box, butterbean just had a dangerous punch.
Well its just because he looks like butterbean, no one other than haters and complete casuals would think they're even in the same universe in terms of boxing skills.

well this turned out to be a fucking lie.

dude weighed in at 283, 15lbs heavier than the first fight.

Ruiz and Butterbean also both have EPIC chins, they share that too. Butterbean had an epic chin, very hard to hurt him

Its a very very very important factor, and I don't believe Joshua has this ability.

Ruiz and Butterbean also both have EPIC chins, they share that too. Butterbean had an epic chin, very hard to hurt him

Its a very very very important factor, and I don't believe Joshua has this ability.

i rewacted the joshua vs ruiz fight ... his chin is EPIC as fuck & his recovery is ridiculous good.

mexican chins are 100% made of steel.

i rewacted the joshua vs ruiz fight ... his chin is EPIC as fuck & his recovery is ridiculous good.

mexican chins are 100% made of steel.
Yeah his chin is really good, I have seen him hit flush in other fights too and he doesn't even get fazed. he can take it. Most fat fighters have amazing chins, its always been that way in boxing, MMA, kickboxing etc etc.

pretty safe to say the promised 'body transformation' has been the exact opposite of what we expected.

they know from joshua's weight loss what his gameplan is. they plan is to get him out of there in 6 rounds or under.

Back