1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Andy Ruiz Jr shows off drastic body transformation 10.31.2019

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Casual Fan, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Blue Belt

2. sweetviolenturg

sweetviolenturg Brown Belt Professional Fighter

Pretty impressive.
    He must be working with Michael Hunter Jr. to get ready for Joshua. That's some damn good sparring. Ruiz looks ready to go right now as does Hunter who's fighting Povetkin on the undercard.
    Their sparring together is interesting because years ago the two of them met in the nationals & Hunter became the only man to ever stop Ruiz. His other four losses as an amateur were all via decision.
    I'd love to see a video of that bout.

3. JSN

JSN choo-CHOO!

still looks fat i think but need full body pic's to be sure.

4. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

it's hard to tell from this angle but he does look a little trimmed down.

it would be awesome if he came into the rematch in better shape, i'd love to see his success give him more motivation.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  5. Boxiana

Boxiana Purple Belt

Still retaining the 'average Joe' apperance, which is great.

I've read that Joshua has also slimmed down, which was obviously needed.

6. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

i think i've read this about joshua for pretty much every fight since klitschko and then he shows up like 4lbs lighter.

7. Boxiana

Boxiana Purple Belt

Its a real failure of his team that such an obvious issue has not been addressed properly, and he's still allowed to lift weights and overbulk himself.

8. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

As long as he's getting in shape by working and not getting in shape just to lose pounds, then good.

9. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Ruiz looks pretty good. Definitely lighter. It can only benefit him

10. ScarfaceJr

ScarfaceJr All praise honor & glory to the most High

His hands were pretty fast as a fat man....

R.i.p joshua

Ruv and Ken Fresno like this.
  11. Absolut

Absolut Red Belt

I can’t wait for the future- fat Ruiz v skinny Ruiz fantasy matchups.

DamianK1, JayE, LIL_GUY and 7 others like this.
  12. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

He's leaner than he's been in the past, for sure. you can see it around his face.

13. BluntTrauma21

BluntTrauma21 Broner Brody / Pulev Posse

He looked pretty good as a fat man in the first fight, hopefully, as mentioned, he's not just losing the weight to lose it. . Everyone wanted Nipples to lose weight and they thought he'd just automatically be better, I don't remember him being much better even as a lighter guy. Sometimes a lil extra flab goes a long way. Either way he looks good. Rooting for AJ b/c I want to see the Wilder fight but wouldn't be bummed one bit if Ruiz wins again. That's one helluva story.

magical likes this.
  14. tekkennlee

tekkennlee Hot cars and fast girls

I hope they are losing the weight working on his footwork and foot speed to counter Joshua movement that he's going to use and not just weight training and natural exercises light pull ups and pushups and lose this weight working on his Boxing skills that other stuff and trying to lose his extra fat can be done and should be done after training camp and training camp should be his Boxing only.

Unless he's pulling a Holyfield training style camp to lose weight and gain muscle mass, but how will his body adjust and work, because not everyone is the same.

Also this might just be a slow process to lose his excessive fat.

So fare they have been doing everything correctly and he just beat Joshua and he's not lazy and is working hard and this is a good sign from a young champion, because we see these upsets and then these fighters come back totally gone mentally and fat and lazy, like Douglas against Holyfield.

15. JeetKunDoGuy

JeetKunDoGuy Orange Belt

He definitely looks slimmer. I think many people just don't understand about body types...a guy like Ruiz can be very athletic, in great fighting shape and still carry some extra body fat. Thus his deceptive hand/foot speed, activity etc.. I would wager a bet that the only thing they needed to change to affect his body fat percentage was nutrition, plain and simple. My guess is they changed very little in his work routine.
    As to the fight itself I think carrying less weight won't affect his handspeed as much as his FOOT speed and his body movement. I'm hoping he will incorporate more head movement and not get caught as much. Either way I think Joshua is in for a rough night again...and unless he can make the right adjustments the outcome will be the same.

16. SandaKicker

SandaKicker Blue Belt

I read a couple of weeks back that he'd lost 10 pounds, he might have lost more since then or it might be the photo.

He might also have lost 20 pounds of fat and gained 10 pounds of muscle if he started using supplements.

Whatever the case I don't think a dramatic change in bodyweight overnight would be the best thing considering his performance was on point last time.

17. THEfightsAREfixed

THEfightsAREfixed Master Servant

Wow he's not fat

18. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Freddie Roach says he's at his best when he's a porker. If he gets pinged out in a couple rds, he'll regret it.

A-Level Wrestler likes this.
  19. aries

aries Silver Belt

As a Joshua fan this is not good. But fair play to Ruiz, it shows he is taking this match very seriously. Both fighters will be slimmer versions of themselves, so I wonder what will happen. But even when Joshua was an amateur and lighter he still wasn't fast. I think Ruiz's speed is still going to give AJ big problems. Looking forward to the fight because it definitely won't be boring.

magical and City_Lights like this.
  20. Badr Hari

Badr Hari Purple Belt

He is working on his cardio most likely. If I remember correctly he was very passive in rounds 4 and 5 after he knocked down Joshua twice in round 3. Also he was a bit tired in the later rounds against Parker.

SandaKicker likes this.