Andy Ruiz Jr shows off drastic body transformation 10.31.2019

He's leaner than he's been in the past, for sure. you can see it around his face.
782fd5032ef759bdb94b8f5cff7b4dae_xl.jpg

Yeah, he has definitely leaned out. Impressive, I’ll be rooting for him. I’m really curious to see how his career progresses.

He seems like one of those athletic fat guys that's supposed to be fat. So I hope this doesn't hurt him

Pretty impressive.
He must be working with Michael Hunter Jr. to get ready for Joshua. That's some damn good sparring. Ruiz looks ready to go right now as does Hunter who's fighting Povetkin on the undercard.
Their sparring together is interesting because years ago the two of them met in the nationals & Hunter became the only man to ever stop Ruiz. His other four losses as an amateur were all via decision.
I'd love to see a video of that bout.

Any chance Andy is overtraining for what his body is used to and it backfires?

As long as he's getting in shape by working and not getting in shape just to lose pounds, then good.
Exactly....Ruiz carries that weight extremely well, so i don't even necessarily know if it's a great idea to slim down much for him

Any chance Andy is overtraining for what his body is used to and it backfires?
No, sir. I seriously doubt whether that's a danger here. Ruiz has been fighting since he was a small boy so I can't see him overtraining for the biggest fight of his life.

He definitely looks significantly thinner, his gut is not sticking out. What was his weight for the first fight against Joshua?

I’d love to see more pics. That one can be misleading.

he did joke around once when asked if he wanted to get into shape, he said he wanted to be a role model and look like Joshua... but I always felt he was joking.

hey. Maybe not!

he looks much much better .. much more respectable physique .. and doesn't look like it was a 'draining' weight loss .. he still has plenty of muscle .. joshua won't like these pics lol

andy-ruiz-michael-hunter.jpg

I assume the guy is kind of smart. He'll show up in his best fighting shape, no matter how thin it is.

he looks much much better .. much more respectable physique .. and doesn't look like it was a 'draining' weight loss .. he still has plenty of muscle .. joshua won't like these pics lol

andy-ruiz-michael-hunter.jpg

Damn He wasn't joking when he said I'll become the Mexican Joshua. His legs look massive.

He looks good (no homo). This is a smart calculation on his part. He's probably figuring that Joshua is going to play the long game in the rematch and use his legs and reach more. So if Joshua plays hard to get then Andy is going to have to chase him down and force him into exchanges. Less girth. More speed. As others have said: as long as it doesn't come at the expense of his power he should be alright.

Looks 20lbs lighter than his last fight. Not a good sign for Joshua.

A very intriguing rematch. I felt like Joshua could do better with a second try after he lost if he was smart about his strategy but feel less confident of that now. This could just be a bad match for him.

A very intriguing rematch. I felt like Joshua could do better with a second try after he lost if he was smart about his strategy but feel less confident of that now. This could just be a bad match for him.
Every fighter has their Kryptonite.... Barrera had Junior Jones, Mosley had Forrest, Forrest had Mayorga etc.... Ruiz could be that guy for Joshua.

Back