Andrew Yang with the hopes with working with Pres. Joe Biden, wants to apply the Ali Act to MMA

like? i'm not sure what significant rights they get right away that is a material improvement. i'm sure there are differences that are important......

but then again, i don't know why you think employee status is more appropriate.

Really dude? They are prohibited from taking fights in other organizations. They have to wear a uniform. They have to get drug tested regularly and report their location to USADA at all times. Does that sound like independent contractors?

Yeah but Kamala will be president within the first year so what does it matter? Joe is just a trojan horse...theyll get rid of him soon enough

Really dude? They are prohibited from taking fights in other organizations. They have to wear a uniform. They have to get drug tested regularly and report their location to USADA at all times. Does that sound like independent contractors?
they can work other jobs. they wear a uniform a couple hours a year at most.

Yes, having a competent president would help America...not just MMA.
The orange idiot doesn't believe in science for god sake.
He claimed it was like the flu, but when he caught covid, he was taken to the hospital and took a bunch of meds.

Healthy people don't go to the hospital and take a bunch of drugs for the flu.

If he'd taken it seriously and enforced a lockdown the way China and Taiwan locked down, we'd have gone back to normal a lot sooner. We'd have live sporting events sooner. Less fights cancelled due to infection etc.
Healthy people do go to the hospital and get meds to treat the Flu. The fights are canceled cause of a positive test not an illness. We could have live sporting events tomorrow and if Trumps re-elected we will soon enough. If they scare you then just don't attend. If you do attend and get this horrible "Pandemic" you'll have a 99.8 percent chance of being fine. It's all good.

America was based on an ideal of Limited Government. Fuck everyone that wants to add more and more and more Government control. It never ends well.

Dana sides with Trump because he's smart....just like the President. America!!!!

Say what you want about Trump vs Biden, but it seems a pretty big stretch to say Biden would be better for MMA than Trump. Trump is a huge MMA supporter and friends with Dana and several fighters, his support has already contributed to the growth of the sport. I'm no Trump fan or anything, but he's pretty much objectively better for MMA (not that it really matters all that much in the scheme of things).

Also fighters getting more power and a union would actually hurt MMA.

PRIDE is still considered the best WHY? because fighters were hungry and fought for big prize money and in general did not have a lot of power or got paid well.

It sounds terrible to say but when it comes to pro sports I can never imagine a scenario for the fans that is better off when the athletes have more power and a union.

Yes, having a competent president would help America...not just MMA.
The orange idiot doesn't believe in science for god sake.
He claimed it was like the flu, but when he caught covid, he was taken to the hospital and took a bunch of meds.

Healthy people don't go to the hospital and take a bunch of drugs for the flu.

If he'd taken it seriously and enforced a lockdown the way China and Taiwan locked down, we'd have gone back to normal a lot sooner. We'd have live sporting events sooner. Less fights cancelled due to infection etc.
China only locked down the Wuhan area! But they allowed thousands of flights to the rest of the world....the majority to the US! That's why we are in the mess we are! Get your facts straight!

Can't wait for MMA to be a perfect representation of the US demographics. Why are there no trannies in UFC?

I don't think MMA fighters will be a high priority for Biden if he becomes POTUS.

If it is, I'd be concerned.

"“You do karate, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?” the biggest bully barked at Andrew Yang, as he kneed the future 2020 US presidential candidate in his groin and sent him face-first into the schoolyard dirt."

lmao yeah i'm sure that happened

In before pay cuts/bad matchups for anyone being found out to have voted dem or ever tweeted support for Yang.

Back